JUCO WR Demond Demas

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Brazos County (Texas) Sheriff's Office charged Demas with assault/family violence after a woman told police that Demas initiated a verbal argument that escalated to a physical altercation, according to a probable cause statement obtained by The Athletic. According to the affidavit, the woman told officers that Demas “pushed her head into the wall,” then she bit him on the shoulder..

Demas allegedly grabbed the woman and “threw her from off the bed and onto the floor, which caused her top front teeth to go through her bottom lip,” causing bleeding, loose teeth and swelling. Demas and the woman had been in an intimate dating relationship for a year, the statement said.

https://theathletic.com/3510748/2022/03/02/texas-am-wr-demond-demas-charged-with-assault-family-violence/

• Plus1 1

Just now, Red Five said:

The Brazos County (Texas) Sheriff's Office charged Demas with assault/family violence after a woman told police that Demas initiated a verbal argument that escalated to a physical altercation, according to a probable cause statement obtained by The Athletic. According to the affidavit, the woman told officers that Demas “pushed her head into the wall,” then she bit him on the shoulder..

Demas allegedly grabbed the woman and “threw her from off the bed and onto the floor, which caused her top front teeth to go through her bottom lip,” causing bleeding, loose teeth and swelling. Demas and the woman had been in an intimate dating relationship for a year, the statement said.

https://theathletic.com/3510748/2022/03/02/texas-am-wr-demond-demas-charged-with-assault-family-violence/

Opps - may not be the kind of character we want on our team.

57 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The success rate of going D1 to Juco to domestic violence back to D1 probably isn’t high. If we have room, it might be a take but I don’t see this panning out. 

Well the domestic violence happened before (and caused) the trip to Juco, so probably slightly better chance than the order you listed. If you were already on your second chance at Juco from previous mistakes and then you do that, you're done done. Maybe he has become a better person, maybe there's more to the story, and that's on the coaches to figure out.

I don't know about domestic violence specifically, but there are several notable examples of kicked out of D1 school > Juco > D1 school. More inclined to give that second chance to someone who cheated on tests and stole a laptop than someone with this type of baggage, but not my call to make.

Being from His area this id was Viral his sophomore and Jr year for 7v7 and things he was doing at camps. He had to sit out his Sr year due to transferring from a not so good school to a better one and he didnt get approved by UIL. I would love to think he could pan out some where but i dont see him leaving Texas. I see him being another Omar Manning here unfortunately. 

Taking chances on guys like this makes me extremely nervous, given his violent background. I sure hope if he does come here, there is someone assigned from the university following him around the clock; something like the buddy system. Going to class, after practice, on the weekend...you catch my drift. I would be especially concerned about the female students. He can't be just left by himself.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

58 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

Taking chances on guys like this makes me extremely nervous, given his violent background. I sure hope if he does come here, there is someone assigned from the university following him around the clock; something like the buddy system. Going to class, after practice, on the weekend...you catch my drift. I would be especially concerned about the female students. He can't be just left by himself.

This...this seems excessive. 

• Plus1 6
8 hours ago, Waldo said:

The success rate of going D1 to Juco to domestic violence back to D1 probably isn’t high. If we have room, it might be a take but I don’t see this panning out. 

No idea what you're talking about this guy is 100% just following in Cam Newton's footsteps and gonna be as great.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

This...this seems excessive. 

It is, until he beats up a woman, or God forbid, something worse. Then it's always the same story. The normal suspects will come in this thread and say things like "Well, at least we gave him a chance." Or, "Could not have seen that coming."

I wonder if you would feel differently if the woman he beat up and broke her teeth were your sister or cousin. 

• Plus1 1