The Israel-Hamas War

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You nailed it here.  

Almost feels like you just bite the bullet and tighten the clamps and try and end this thing quicker by giving them nothing. Innocents will die in this. Unavoidable. But so was Hamas’s recent attack. Both the citizens of Israel & Palestine will pay unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, Decked said:

Almost feels like you just bite the bullet and tighten the clamps and try and end this thing quicker by giving them nothing. Innocents will die in this. Unavoidable. But so was Hamas’s recent attack. Both the citizens of Israel & Palestine will pay unfortunately. 

This same type of scenario unfortunately played out on Africa.   All the food and medical aid got taken by the warlords and corrupt rulers, while the intended people got very little of anything.   It’s very unfortunate and a hard scenario to solve from a humanitarian perspective.  

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Decked said:

Agree.  My only hope with it is that we gain some good will with the public there for trying.  So, when this is over, they trust us a little more to try to help keep the peace.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.  My only hope with it is that we gain some good will with the public there for trying.  So, when this is over, they trust us a little more to try to help keep the peace.

Yeah, good luck with that one. 

Wow. US vetoed but all others are for it. There has to be some sort of compromise one would hope.

The vote in the 15-member Security Council was 13-1 with the United Kingdom abstaining, reflecting the strong support from countries around the globe for ending the more than four-month war, which started when Hamas militants invaded southern Israel, killing about 1,200 people and taking 250 others hostage. Since then, more than 29,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israel’s military offensive, according to the Gaza Health Ministry which says the vast majority were women and children.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or has the narrative slowly shifted to acknowledge that Israeli actions in Gaza have gone well beyond targeted reprisals and need to be curtailed? I see both media and politicians saying things they wouldn't have four months ago.  

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is it just me, or has the narrative slowly shifted to acknowledge that Israeli actions in Gaza have gone well beyond targeted reprisals and need to be curtailed? I see both media and politicians saying things they wouldn't have four months ago.  

Seems that between Ukraine, the border, mega inflation, & out of control housing Americans just don’t care for another taxpayer funded war when most are having hard times making ends meet. 

EDIT: I see that you said media & politicians not civilians 

13 minutes ago, Decked said:

Seems that between Ukraine, the border, mega inflation, & out of control housing Americans just don’t care for another taxpayer funded war when most are having hard times making ends meet. 

Well if you're suggesting Gaza is another taxpayer funded war, does it follow that Americans want to pull the billions in weapons the taxpayers fund to Israel every year?  At the moment that's the Far Left argument. I'm just wondering on the smaller, more immediate scale if there's more open and bipartisan criticism of Israel's prosecution of its Hamas/Gaza war than there was a couple months ago. 

If you're suggesting most Americans are too overwhelmed by other stuff to think much about Gaza, that's hard to argue.