Purdue Week Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Love this.  I watched a Navy SEAL interview and of course he was being asked all the questions you would want to ask a guy that is a SEAL and the guy interviewing asked something like "How hard is BUDS or how did you pass BUDS" something like that...

And the SEAL said "I remember being totally worn down at one point and we still had 13 weeks left" something like that and then he said

"I knew I could not do 13 more weeks, I knew I would quit.  BUT, I was positive I could do 5 more minutes, so I did 5 more minutes and when that was up, I did 5 more minutes and 5 more"

He said he had to break it down like that for himself in order to keep going because he knew he could do anything for 5 more minutes. 

• Plus1 2

On 10/23/2023 at 1:43 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I woke up Saturday and drove to Lincoln in the morning....sun in my eyes.  I sat in the east stadium...sun in my eyes.  I drove back west in the evening....sun in my eyes.

If I were Rhule, I would be putting the request in immediately.  

This is super good news, and I hope they do something soon in the next few years. 

Literally, for ever, I always thought it would be more beneficial for the Huskers to be in the shade during those hot September games and early October days.  And I never understood why the coaching staffs over the decades had to squint into the sun and cover their brow to see what's going on lol.  And you would look at the visitor's side and they would all be smiling and chilling in the shade.  So f'd up SMH LOL

• TBH 1
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

"I knew I could not do 13 more weeks, I knew I would quit.  BUT, I was positive I could do 5 more minutes, so I did 5 more minutes and when that was up, I did 5 more minutes and 5 more"

He said he had to break it down like that for himself in order to keep going because he knew he could do anything for 5 more minutes. 

Before kids (and my knees went to hell), I used to do this when I was running a lot.

Just make it to the next street sign or power pole or streetlight.  Over and over again for 10+ miles.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1