1 minute ago, Mavric said:

16 Interceptions is obvious.

I don't know a good way to look at fumbles lost.  PFF shows total fumbles:

• HH 13
  • Sims 6
  • Grant 3
  • Purdy 2
  • Kemp 1

Grant obviously lost one at Minnesota.  I don't remember if we lost his other two or Kemp's fumble.

I just found this.

Sims lost 4

HH lost 4

Grant lost 2

I would think that this does not include this week's games, because Purdy had at least one in this game.

So, let's say QBs accounted for 9 of the 15.  With the INTs, that's 80.6 of our turnovers.

Fix the QB position and we win games.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just found this.

Sims lost 4

HH lost 4

Grant lost 2

I would think that this does not include this week's games, because Purdy had at least one in this game.

So, let's say QBs accounted for 9 of the 15.  With the INTs, that's 80.6 of our turnovers.

Fix the QB position and we win games.

It's more than just the qb.  We need some quality WRs,  we might have them but they are young.  Finally, some reliable OTs.

53 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Some, but some turnovers can be caused by lack of protection or wr not getting open.

And some were not fielding a clean snap or making a simple RB exchange. Not throwing the ball when the wr didn't get open is also a QB decision. I think the pass protection was generally tolerable.

A good disciplined QB doesn't fix everything, but he immediately makes everyone better. 

We need one of those. 

• TBH 1
24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And some were not fielding a clean snap or making a simple RB exchange. Not throwing the ball when the wr didn't get open is also a QB decision. I think the pass protection was generally tolerable.

A good disciplined QB doesn't fix everything, but he immediately makes everyone better. 

We need one of those. 

Sims looked like he was just throwing it up for grabs on the long passes.  Don't know what they seen in this guy other athletic ability.

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Sims looked like he was just throwing it up for grabs on the long passes.  Don't know what they seen in this guy other athletic ability.

Sims didn't appear to be mentally in most of those games. Almost thought the dude was impaired out there. 

His few plays in the Maryland game were the best example. He didn't look awake.

• TBH 3
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sims didn't appear to be mentally in most of those games. Almost thought the dude was impaired out there. 

His few plays in the Maryland game were the best example. He didn't look awake.

Agree. At Georgia Tech he might have been very talented but a little too sloppy, and we have to assume Rhule/Satterfield thought they could coach him up and/or design a complementary offense around him.

But the kid turned into a basket case. I think he was actually relieved when Haarberg took over, and terrified when he was expected to step back in. That's how skittish he played. I feel sorry for Jeff Sims.

Am I to understand that Jeff Sims got some kind of NIL endorsement deal for a Lincoln restaurant prior to the season, and they were obliged to keep running his commercials even when it looked really awkward?