2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

1 minute ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

You’re comparing a guy on one of the least talented rosters in the pac vs a guy on one of the most talented rosters in all of college football. Martinez only had 2 turnovers at K-State because they have a great oline.

Which of those teams is most like Nebraska?

If I get to choose, I'll choose the guy who at proves he doesn't fumble when he's on a good team.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Well this site claims that he had the same number of fumbles as HH (11) and lost 7 of them.  

I'm really not interested

Why not?   In an earlier post on this site you said Iowa won because of their QB and he had 10 fumbles.  Only one less than HH, and only 5 passing TD’s.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because if I have my choice, I take the QB that fumbles less than HH.

Didn't think that was really that controversial.  

In one instance, Iowa, you discount the ruble issues and say the team won because of the QB with only 5 total TD’s and in another you say the fumbles are an issue despite the number of touchdowns associated with that player 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

In one instance, Iowa, you discount the ruble issues and say the team won because of the QB with only 5 total TD’s and in another you say the fumbles are an issue despite the number of touchdowns associated with that player 

Sorry you don't understand.  Iowa's team and strategy this year was way different than any other team's.  

• Haha 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Sorry you don't understand.  Iowa's team and strategy this year was way different than any other team's.  

Their strategy was to have their QB almost lead the nation in fumbles and account for the least number of TD’s for a full time starter?   

Bold strategy I guess:facepalm:

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Their strategy was to have their QB almost lead the nation in fumbles and account for the least number of TD’s for a full time starter?   

Bold strategy I guess:facepalm:

Congrats.

And...in that same discussion, I said multiple times, he wasn't a good QB.

But, he did what he was asked to do and played within the system.

4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Everyone they sign is a big time recruit, so it's all "OSU loses multiple high 4-stars and 5-stars to the portal!" They are all being processed/seeking more playing time they weren't going to get.

You 'member when we brought in a 5* DB from Ohio State? I 'member. Barely.

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I bet this was an awkward conversation...

You 'member when we brought in Les Miles's son? I 'member. Barely.

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

He split duties with Howard.  Your stats don't tell the whole story only partial.

They didn’t split duties. Martinez got hurt and then lost the job. Howard only played in 7 of the 14 games. Those are per attempt stats not per game stats so they aren’t partial. He only played 7 games in 2020. Is it really that hard to say K-State has a good oline?

• TBH 1