2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

No, he has not signed anywhere.

Syracuse is the latest "most likely" destination.  But I don't see them ponying up $2M.  So it seems unlikely that he said "I'm not going to Nebraska for less than $2M but I'll go to Syracuse for $1M."

In all honesty I don't think the reason for McCord not coming here was about money in my mind it had everything to do with being the guaranteed starter and Nebraska saying we love for you to compete for the role.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

In all honesty I don't think the reason for McCord not coming here was about money in my mind it had everything to do with being the guaranteed starter and Nebraska saying we love for you to compete for the role.

I agree. I’m sorry I even posted that we told him no over $2M. With additional info it sounds like it had more to do with being able to tell Raiola he would have a shot at playing in 24 and that required not guaranteeing McCord being #1. The money may have been somewhat secondary as it sounds like we may have had to boost the NIL for Raiola as well.

So I have no idea if McCord is worth $2M or not but that’s pretty much a moot point since apparently we are trying to lock up the QB position for multiple years rather than just 2024.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, caveman99 said:

The bolded part has nothing to do with Dylan, the extension was done well before the DR possibility came back to the fore. Donovan was the only coach on the staff whose contract was up after this season since he only had 1 year left in his deal when he was retained. Rhule feels like Donovan is doing a good job, both in coaching and recruiting, and wanted to keep him, hence the extension and raise. Frankly I think many fans also realize now that Donovan is a pretty good coach and it is disrespectful to him to keep spouting this DR conspiracy nonsense. 

The fact that his dad is a legacy and his uncle is on staff is a lot closer to why DR has interest in our program than not.  This saga has been going on for months so yes the the fact that his uncle not only was retained but given a large raise is good for our recruiting efforts.

Now people may like or not like the coaching his uncle has done and that can be debated, etc. Bottomline is Rhule wants him on staff.  But to say this has nothing to do with DR and our recruiting efforts is quite rich. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

That McCord’s helicopter parents freaked out. 

More parent, singular. Namely his dad, who was QB at Rutgers back in the day, and seems pretty heavily involved in his son's decision-making...

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Thought I heard McCord said he’s worth $2 million but other estimates were like 1.3 on a good day. If he sticks to that, he and helicopter dad might find themselves living on a steady diet of government cheese and bullhead filets while they’re living in a van down by the river.

I suppose he could declare for the draft but I don’t know what other school is paying him that.