2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

6 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Rankings are so weird.

Nebraska was bit by Tyjon Lindsey, KJJ rankings.  Tathan Martell was obviously highly touted but that was more between the ears stuff.

Yeah but most high ranked recruits usually pan out.  Nebraska tends to get high ranked recruits and for some reason or another they can't handle being here or never live up to the potential that recruiting services think so highly of them.  I just wish that highly ranked kids would look Nebraska's way and pan out to give the program some momentum and to give the fans something to look forward too.

15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nebraska probably likes him bc of the years he could play. Not to thrilled with him but anyone is better then Jeff Sims at this point.

If this kid was coming in as a HS recruit this board would be salivating over him. But since he is in the portal he must suck. smh

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
27 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah but most high ranked recruits usually pan out.  Nebraska tends to get high ranked recruits and for some reason or another they can't handle being here or never live up to the potential that recruiting services think so highly of them.  I just wish that highly ranked kids would look Nebraska's way and pan out to give the program some momentum and to give the fans something to look forward too.

Some of that can be attributable to the kids, but a lot of that can be improved upon with proper coaching and development. Until Rhule, we really have not had good, true coaching since Pelini. Bo and his staff had a knack for identifying relatively under the radar talent and maximizing their production. Rhule appears to have the same skills based on the one year sample size. I was specifically impressed with Princewell, Lenhardt, Coleman, Lloyd, and the several fill-in offensive linemen this year. If this first year was any indication, we should see several future pros coming through the program once again... and hopefully the wins will follow as these guys develop.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, soup said:

If this kid was coming in as a HS recruit this board would be salivating over him. But since he is in the portal he must suck. smh

It's not that he sucks just wish Nebraska would go after someone like a Kyle McCord.  The jury is still out on him neither good or bad bc he only has a very small sample size.  2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions and has 139 total passing yards with a qbr of 83.0.  While Kyle McCord has 3,170 24 touchdowns, 6 interceptions and has a qbr of 83.7.  

13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It's not that he sucks just wish Nebraska would go after someone like a Kyle McCord.  The jury is still out on him neither good or bad bc he only has a very small sample size.  2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions and has 139 total passing yards with a qbr of 83.0.  While Kyle McCord has 3,170 24 touchdowns, 6 interceptions and has a qbr of 83.7.  

Multiple Nebraska coaches have started following McCord since he hit the portal. Think of it this way. There has to be mutual football & NIL interest. They would take him in a heartbeat

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 4
11 minutes ago, Decked said:

Multiple Nebraska coaches have started following McCord since he hit the portal. Think of it this way. There has to be mutual football & NIL interest. They would take him in a heartbeat

You think that if he decided to come here he'd be the starter or make him earn it??? I don't know if Jeff Sims actually earned it or it was given to him??

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You think that if he decided to come here he'd be the starter or make him earn it??? I don't know if Jeff Sims actually earned it or it was given to him??

Sims earned it. Purdy was hurt and Haarberg was playing QB, but moonlighting as a tight-end. Until HH started winning (against the largely the easiest teams on our schedule), the assumption was that Sims would come back and start once healthy. Bummer for him, but we kept winning and couldn’t justify swapping. Then when he did get opportunities, he did not capitalize and solidified his spot on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Sims earned it. Purdy was hurt and Haarberg was playing QB, but moonlighting as a tight-end. Until HH started winning (against the largely the easiest teams on our schedule), the assumption was that Sims would come back and start once healthy. Bummer for him, but we kept winning and couldn’t justify swapping. Then when he did get opportunities, he did not capitalize and solidified his spot on the bench. 

I don't know how he earned it, maybe he wasn't turning the ball over in practice as much as he did while playing in a real game.:dunno  I honestly think Sims should switch positions to be a wr.  He just isn't a accurate passer and all he has is his legs.

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't know how he earned it, maybe he wasn't turning the ball over in practice as much as he did while playing in a real game.:dunno  I honestly think Sims should switch positions to be a wr.  He just isn't an accurate passer and all he has is his legs.

:laughpoundhave you seen him fumble snaps and drop the one pass thrown to him?