2024 Spring Game - April 27

Mavric

I feel like attendance will be just over 60K.  

I hate the start time for this one as it really ruins the pregame fun but me and my group will still have a good time!

Last season I was a bit shocked at how many bars are not open by 9am on a game day, why as a bar owner you would not do all you can to embrace that atmosphere makes zero sense to me.

Basically you will have Bodega's, Sandy's and Barry's, those will be open for sure.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I hate the start time for this one as it really ruins the pregame fun but me and my group will still have a good time!

Last season I was a bit shocked at how many bars are not open by 9am on a game day, why as a bar owner you would not do all you can to embrace that atmosphere makes zero sense to me.

Basically you will have Bodega's, Sandy's and Barry's, those will be open for sure.

Is there a state law that prevents the sales of alcohol before a certain time?

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I'm guessing some of those bars don't have staff to open randomly at an odd time like that.

2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Having worked in the industry for a long time, good luck finding a bartender that is gonna wake up at that time. Even before 10am is a stretch. 

Yeah, I would imagine you might get the old "Of course I will be there" and then of course they do not show up.

The motivation to make crazy tips seems like it would help BUT they will make that during the day/night too.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I would imagine you might get the old "Of course I will be there" and then of course they do not show up.

The motivation to make crazy tips seems like it would help BUT they will make that during the day/night too.

Yeah I was wondering that too if the chance for big tips would draw some in. If you worked Friday night and got out at 2 or 3am though it would be hard regardless to make it the next day at 6am possibly still drunk from the night before. 

4 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah I was wondering that too if the chance for big tips would draw some in. If you worked Friday night and got out at 2 or 3am though it would be hard regardless to make it the next day at 6am possibly still drunk from the night before. 

I don't think I would do it, if I tended bar.  

But it would depend on the tips.  I mean, if I could go in from 6am-11am, work 5 hours and walk out with 300+, that would be pretty sweet while in college.

But, I am not a super hot girl so I would probably make way less.

• Haha 2