2024 Spring Game - April 27

Mavric

6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The tweet said "softball and baseball play that day"  guessing that plays a role.

Spring games are your team versus....your team.  Nothing to be learned from that, shouldn't read into it ever. Won't know what you've got until the games count.

Yeah, I am sure that is the reason BUT no one goes to softball games and well, kind of the same with baseball.  

I know it sounds harsh but the spring game is pretty much the 8th biggest Husker home sporting event each year.  They should treat it as such.  

31 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The tweet said "softball and baseball play that day"  guessing that plays a role.

Spring games are your team versus....your team.  Nothing to be learned from that, shouldn't read into it ever. Won't know what you've got until the games count.

No offense but football is way more of a priority. 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Decked said:

No offense but football is way more of a priority. 

It's not my choice so no offense taken, and I didn't say I agreed with 11 as I despise morning kickoffs with a passion, I was simply offering an explanation on why it was set then.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

11am?  Good lord, you have complete and total control over the date and time you you make it 11am?

Make it 1pm, help out the fans, the tailgaters, the bars the restaurants.  

Maybe avoid 1pm because potential late afternoon severe weather watch ?

2012 spring game was cancelled due to inclement weather.

Not a spring game but September 1st 2018 opening season.  Cancelled.  (Frost omen)

11 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm excited to watch Nebraska fans freak out and say the season is over after Dylan's first incompletion.

People were already doing that after the Polynesian Bowl lol

• TBH 1
12 hours ago, runningblind said:

yes a glorified scrimmage but the revenue generated with that event FAR exceeds those other two events combined...

On 12/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, Akees said:

List five players (current and early enrollees) you are keeping an eye on during the spring game. Please don't include Raiola.

If I had to boil it down to 5 individuals, it would be these 6...

Fidone - With a healthy year under his belt, does he look like a matchup nightmare in the middle of the field?

Coleman - With a season, winter conditioning, and spring practices, does he look like a player DC's are scared to cover in man yet?

Haarberg - He's a backup with significant game experience, that's a luxury in CF in 2024.  He's also a player with a baseline we can assess the impact of Thomas with fairly easily.  

Butler - Started the season at Jack, what does he look like with an offseason of prep at DE?

Hartzog - Has a lot of experience, but it's time for him to look like a 1b CB.  

Prochazka - I don't think he's had a healthy offseason and if the left side of the O-line is solid this year, the O-line will be respectable for the first time in a long time.  If he can solidify himself as the LT, everything else falls into place.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
On 1/25/2024 at 9:33 AM, twofittyonred said:

yes a glorified scrimmage but the revenue generated with that event FAR exceeds those other two events combined...

What's the point here? They shouldn't try to maximize revenue at the other two events even if it won't match the spring game which by default can hold roughly 14x more fans? People are going to show up for the spring game to watch Raiola no matter what time it kicks off. Might as well play it at a time where they can hope to entice a couple thousand people to wander over to Haymarket Park. Baseball is playing Iowa (who has won the series over Nebraska way too many times lately), I'd guess they'd get about 5K under normal circumstances which is pretty good, this timing could bump it up over 6K. Win-win.

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

What's the point here? They shouldn't try to maximize revenue at the other two events even if it won't match the spring game which by default can hold roughly 14x more fans? People are going to show up for the spring game to watch Raiola no matter what time it kicks off. Might as well play it at a time where they can hope to entice a couple thousand people to wander over to Haymarket Park. Baseball is playing Iowa (who has won the series over Nebraska way too many times lately), I'd guess they'd get about 5K under normal circumstances which is pretty good, this timing could bump it up over 6K. Win-win.

Great point about people showing up for football no matter the time.  People can talk about how football is more important but if it'll be sold out at 11, the AD can try and make more money for the other sports that day with people in town.