Nebrasketball at Minnesota

This was just disappointing.  I was skeptical going into this season but I was starting to buy in.

They miss way too many 'high percentage' shots.  They do a great job to get there and they just miss the shot.  The way they play defense does allow for some open 3s, but that doesn't bother me as much. 

They also struggle with rebounding and shooting 3s.

I'm a casual basketball fan.  I don't know much about it, but I like watching Nebraska basketball.  It just sucks because I think basketball could be electric here if we were ever good.

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This was just disappointing.  I was skeptical going into this season but I was starting to buy in.

They miss way too many 'high percentage' shots.  They do a great job to get there and they just miss the shot.  The way they play defense does allow for some open 3s, but that doesn't bother me as much. 

They also struggle with rebounding and shooting 3s.

I'm a casual basketball fan.  I don't know much about it, but I like watching Nebraska basketball.  It just sucks because I think basketball could be electric here if we were ever good.

Yeah unfortunately I don't believe that Fred Hoiberg will be around much longer other then this season which sucks.  We all knew it was going to be hard to turn the basketball program around but a lot of people believed that Fred could do it bc of his success at Iowa State.  It just hasn't happened.  I don't who Nebraska can find to put some excitement back into the basketball program but looking forward to change.

It was the worst basketball I've ever seen played, and I have a 7 year old in the Lincoln area CYBL league so I've seen some crap.  

I honestly have no idea how that team even pretends to move forward from this week.  Uninspired does not even begin to describe the second half. Hoiberg better find a leader for that team quick or suit up next game because there is an black hole on that team when looking for somebody to step the F up.

• Fire 1
40 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

It was the worst basketball I've ever seen played, and I have a 7 year old in the Lincoln area CYBL league so I've seen some crap.  

I honestly have no idea how that team even pretends to move forward from this week.  Uninspired does not even begin to describe the second half. Hoiberg better find a leader for that team quick or suit up next game because there is an black hole on that team when looking for somebody to step the F up.

I don't think Fred will be around after the season.  Just was never able to get the team to play good team basketball which is sad bc you want him to succeed.

15 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

This team has no team pride.  All they want to do is score. They get bumped a few times & they quit.  No toughness.  Allick is a big disappointment.  His def. & rebounding is somewhere else. 

Tominaga doesn't have what it takes....questionable defense, can't create, needs to be wide open to shoot. He either needs to show he can compete with real competition or be used as a sixth or seventh man. At his height he should be our point and distributing the ball, but he usually just looks to shoot it himself every time. He made zero FGs against mighty Minnesota. NBA? I don't think so.

• TBH 1

My biggest disappointment last night was the complete lack of hustle in the second half.  Every loose ball went to Minnesota & they got a ton of offensive rebounds.  I remember at least twice when there was a handoff that was just completely dropped by the person getting the ball and then little/no effort to get the ball or get back on defense.

I kind of figured really quick/athletic players would be a problem based on NU's personnel but some of that can be negated through hustle & playing smart.  NU did neither against Creighton nor Minnesota.

Unless the team has a massive attitude change, Alberts will be looking for a new coach in about 2.5 months (if he hasn't already started the search behind the scenes).  In 4+ years Hoiberg has gotten the team to play good team basketball for about 10-12 games at the end of last year.  The rest has been a lot of ugly me first crap. 

Hoiberg claims that they don't need a "traditional" point guard.  That may work in the NBA where lead guards have crazy talent, but in college it doesn't work that way most of the time.

• TBH 1
On 12/7/2023 at 9:45 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah unfortunately I don't believe that Fred Hoiberg will be around much longer other then this season which sucks.  We all knew it was going to be hard to turn the basketball program around but a lot of people believed that Fred could do it bc of his success at Iowa State.  It just hasn't happened.  I don't who Nebraska can find to put some excitement back into the basketball program but looking forward to change.

Turn it around?   The Tim Miles era was a thousand times better.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Turn it around?   The Tim Miles era was a thousand times better.

Im not arguing on who's era was better bc we know Tim's was.  All I'm saying is the success that he had at Iowa State was expected once we hired him.  We all knew it was going to take a couple of years to get the program to be looked at in a positive way but for numerous reasons it hasn't worked out.  

• Haha 1