Your 2024 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Undone

2 hours ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

What do we think of this *Potential* Two-Deep?

QB - Railoa, Haarberg

RB- Dowdell or Ervin, E. Johnson or R. Johnson

FB- Bonner, Liebentritt

WR- Neyor, Garcia-Castaneda or Bullock

WR- Banks, Coleman

WR- Lloyd, Doss

TE- Fidone or Boerkircher, Nelson

RT- Benhart, Brix

RG- Corcoran, Lutovsky or Pyle

C- Scott, Evans-Jenkins

LG- Mazzccua, Piper? or Taumua

LT- Prochazka, Knaak

DE- Lenhardt, Wallin or J. Williams

NG- Hutmacher, Juedy

DE- Robinson, Van Poppel

Jack- Pwill or Butler or Sherman

LB- S. Thomspon or Gbayor or Bullock

LB- Wright or Borders, Rogers

NB- Gifford, Barnes or K. Williams

CB- B. Hill or Hartzog, Gradney

CB- T. Hill, Nation or Bootle

S- Buford, Bretz or Benning

S- Singleton, Collier

PK- Alvano, Ottomanelli

KOS- Alvano, Buscini

P- Buschini, Koch

LS- Witucki, DePooter

KR-  T. HIll, Lloyd

PR- Nation, Doss

Butler and Borders finished 23' on the Dline. Think it will be the Pwill/Sherman show at Jack. K. Williams is now a LBer. Van Poppel has only played DT. 

@Fru Agree. Like I said earlier, last year we lost three scholly QBs and only brought in one. This year we've lost two and brought in two, which doesn't fill the depth hole from last year.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can someone please unseat Corcoran at guard?  Gattula?  He played in 4 games last year, but I don't remember how he did.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

You left out Sledge and Gottula who will be challenging at the guard spot opposite Mazzccua.

Gottula is at LT.  It's not out of the question to think he could challenge for the starting spot there.

Corcoran wasn't good at tackle but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be significantly better at guard.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Akees said:

Butler and Borders finished 23' on the Dline. Think it will be the Pwill/Sherman show at Jack. K. Williams is now a LBer. Van Poppel has only played DT. 

My thought with that was that we lost Henrich and Reimer we probably need to keep butler or borders at LB, Jack is such a loosely defined position in my mind, think lots of guys both on the DL and LB room could contribute there. 

4 hours ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

What do we think of this *Potential* Two-Deep?

QB - Railoa, Haarberg

RB- Dowdell or Ervin, E. Johnson or R. Johnson

FB- Bonner, Liebentritt

WR- Neyor, Garcia-Castaneda or Bullock

WR- Banks, Coleman

WR- Lloyd, Doss

TE- Fidone or Boerkircher, Nelson

RT- Benhart, Brix

RG- Corcoran, Lutovsky or Pyle

C- Scott, Evans-Jenkins

LG- Mazzccua, Piper? or Taumua

LT- Prochazka, Knaak

DE- Lenhardt, Wallin or J. Williams

NG- Hutmacher, Juedy

DE- Robinson, Van Poppel

Jack- Pwill or Butler or Sherman

LB- S. Thomspon or Gbayor or Bullock

LB- Wright or Borders, Rogers

NB- Gifford, Barnes or K. Williams

CB- B. Hill or Hartzog, Gradney

CB- T. Hill, Nation or Bootle

S- Buford, Bretz or Benning

S- Singleton, Collier

PK- Alvano, Ottomanelli

KOS- Alvano, Buscini

P- Buschini, Koch

LS- Witucki, DePooter

KR-  T. HIll, Lloyd

PR- Nation, Doss

CB I would be surprised if Hill & Hartzog aren't entering spring as the projected day 1 starters.  Bootle was ahead of Lynum on the depth chart before he got hurt last season & Nation seems weight away from being a factor as your day #1 #2's.  Rhule has said Turner & Charles were in the mix at CB last season.   I wouldn't be surprised if Buford makes a push.  He's talented and has more size that most of these guys.  Not sure Gradney plays CB & I don't know how Hill projects.  

OL I'm not saying you're wrong, but Mazzccua has only played RG to my knowledge, & I'll be surprised if any of the Freshman avoid redshirt.  

8 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

CB I would be surprised if Hill & Hartzog aren't entering spring as the projected day 1 starters.  Bootle was ahead of Lynum on the depth chart before he got hurt last season & Nation seems weight away from being a factor as your day #1 #2's.  Rhule has said Turner & Charles were in the mix at CB last season.   I wouldn't be surprised if Buford makes a push.  He's talented and has more size that most of these guys.  Not sure Gradney plays CB & I don't know how Hill projects.  

OL I'm not saying you're wrong, but Mazzccua has only played RG to my knowledge, & I'll be surprised if any of the Freshman avoid redshirt.  

I expect most of the OL and DL to redshirt....if not all of them.  DK very well could redshirt.

34 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

My thought with that was that we lost Henrich and Reimer we probably need to keep butler or borders at LB, Jack is such a loosely defined position in my mind, think lots of guys both on the DL and LB room could contribute there. 

It might be tough for the staff to keep PWill off the field. So a two man rotation at Jack could be in order with Sherman. Borders at LB might work against run heavy teams. He really struggled last year in space. Looking forward to seeing Rogers in the spring game. Hoping he has a role next year. 

• Plus1 1