QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

I wonder if Dylan hasn't deep down felt like Nebraska was "home" during this entire progress, but OSU and UGA were better programs so he listened to some of the people around him pushing him to go to those other places, and eventually he just had an open conversation with those important to him and told them how at heart he wanted to be a Cornhusker like his dad and uncle. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

There isn't one, they would need to use their transfer unless the school releases them. There was a kid that kept flipping between USC and Texas include a flip after signing, but IIRC there was a crazy waiver process involved which would likely not be approved at this point.

Talking about Bru McCoy, currently on the Vols roster. It was when Kliff left USC for AZ, so Bru went to Texas, completed spring practice, and went back to USC. Then I think his Freshmen year dealt with a mystery injury and redshirted. Then got arrested (think it was domestic violence), charges were dropped, but USC didn't want him anymore, didn't play for 2 years... Then transferred to TN and had a decent breakout for the 2022 season but then got hurt this year.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I wonder if Dylan hasn't deep down felt like Nebraska was "home" during this entire progress, but OSU and UGA were better programs so he listened to some of the people around him pushing him to go to those other places, and eventually he just had an open conversation with those important to him and told them how at heart he wanted to be a Cornhusker like his dad and uncle. 

Well his Uncle never played here but we all get your point.  That's a real possibility that what you said is true and just that he finally realized it.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

If he's telling his family that his ultimate goal is to be an NFL quarterback someday, I believe really strongly that all involved are trying to get him to the school that best fulfills that goal.

If I'm being honest, I would have said it was Georgia. But also Rhule does seem to know how to put players into the NFL and maybe we're putting the pieces together on the skill player positions to actually make us showcase & develop his abilities to roughly the same degree.

17 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

This. Plus all the drama surrounding Frost and him being gone and Rhule really feeling like a players coach. Georgia’s #2 QB just transferred. I think it would’ve been unlikely Raiola start as a true freshman anyway and with potential future competition leaving, it seems unlikely to me this was about Beck coming back.

4 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I was thinking the same thing. It will be instant Big 10 championship and debating CFP!! 

I just think that the fan base needs to temper down the expectation of that.  There is already enough pressure to live up to his dad's legacy here and if he doesn't win a National Championship here then it shouldn't be all on him just like the Kyle McCord situation at Ohio State.  If he does sign here then hopefully the fan base doesn't drive him out of the program bc of the pressure to succeed that's all.  We all want to succeed but it takes a team effort and not just one individual.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, HANC said:

I am guarded. lol.  After a season of heartbreak, I can't handle another this caliber.

What will happen is the McCord will back off, taking Flemming out of picture..... DK (who actually comm. to Mizzou bc of DR, will decommit and move on.... at the last minute, GA comes through with NIL bonus for DR and he stick with Georgia, leaving us holding the bag.  Worse, is if Purdy enters portal and is pissed we are looking to replace him forever with McCord and DR..... THIS WOULD BE PART OF THE CURSE ! lol

Same positive comments like your texts, LOL!!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!