QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Anyone else perplexed by DR’s official visit? The whole thing seems odd to me. I mean, what else does he need to see?

The only explanation I can come up with (complete speculation on my part) is that he has verbally committed to us and is working with the coaches to peer-recruit this week. Get some Dudes on campus this weekend and be here in person to assist the coaches in pitching Nebraska. 

I don’t know. Just a thought.

If he was peer recruiting currently, don’t you think someone would have let it slip and we’d have that answer by now?  I don’t think it’s that I think he is signing with Nebraska but but keeping it close to his chest 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Relax, none of us know for sure. 

I am relaxed.  Nobody knows for sure but some on here tend to think he is.  Like I said when it's official I'll believe it then and say wow Nebraska really pulled it off.  It's going to feel like Kirk Gibson's home run in 1988 all over again bc you can't believe the good fortune of Nebraska actually getting a great ready to play qb who doesn't need to sit.

9 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

If he was peer recruiting currently, don’t you think someone would have let it slip and we’d have that answer by now?  I don’t think it’s that I think he is signing with Nebraska but but keeping it close to his chest 

I mean, there has been waves of cryptic social media posts by everyone from our current commits all the way up to the director of recruiting operations. Also, my Polish wife has as much insider information with this progrum as our local “experts” do.

I wouldn’t bet my house that DR is peer recruiting. Just the rantings of a Husker fan that’s starved for any postseason action…7 years and counting.

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You guys think he is actually committed behind the scenes?? I will believe it when it's actually official.

I will only say if Rhule isn't certain this is going to happen, I don't understand why Rhule or Dom would allow this to be played out so publicly, and doing so would seem to be an unnecessary risk for Rhule.  At this point if Raiola stays with Georgia, it's going to be the recruiting equivalent of putting Anthony Grant in the game vs Minnesota.  

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The whole Raiola to Nebraska thing picked up steam because word got out (from a current NU recruit) that Raiola joined the NU recruits group chat over the weekend.

He just wanted to wish them well, check in.

6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why Nebraska's move on Nebraska is not their last

We are so gonna make moves on ourselves!

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The whole Raiola to Nebraska thing picked up steam because word got out (from a current NU recruit) that Raiola joined the NU recruits group chat over the weekend.

Really?  Had not heard that.

Sean Callahan said last night (I think) that the UGA home visit did nothing to change anything at all.  Very interesting.  That home visit, if you are a UGA fan, needed to stop DR from getting on that plan tomorrow.  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Really?  Had not heard that.

Callahan's intern (a current student at UNL) came to him Monday morning and was like "Hey boss, I got word that Dylan joined the recruit group chat and is coming to NU now".

Then Callahan started making calls to Georgia/national guys to see what they knew before it was first published Monday evening.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!