QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

1 hour ago, GSG said:

From watching the interview with Dominic, I didn't really get the feeling that Herbie talked to Dylan or that Dominic even said anything to Dylan about Herbie. Seems like a lot of butthurt 

The state of Georgia is well known for their quality education and critical thinking skills. Just look at Herschel! He done gud at the schoolin.

• TBH 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Raiola named QB on 247's All Impact Team:

Dylan Raiola, QB, Nebraska

247Sports rank: No. 7 overall, No. 2 QB

Nebraska made clear this offseason that it needed to upgrade its QB room. Out went Jeff Sims and Chubba Purdy. In came Raiola, a five-star true freshman, along with the state's No. 2 prospect, Daniel Kaelin. The Huskers also made a run at Ohio State transfer QB Kyle McCord, who ended up with Syracuse.

All are obvious signs that change is coming.

Heinrich Haarberg will have a chance to earn the starting job entering 2024, but Nebraska didn't sign Raiola to sit. He'll be given every chance in the spring and into the fall to emerge as QB1.

Raiola is the future in Lincoln. Expect the Huskers to begin that era of the program sooner rather than later.

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/the-all-impact-team-college-footballs-2024-recruits-who-could-play-right-away-227443040/#2369330

• Worth a Look 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

13 hours ago, Undone said:

Mike Minter, telling me what I want to hear!

Danny isn't the generational talent that Dylan is, but he's right there in terms of the rest of that quote.

The atypical part is really the coaches giving them the freedom at the line of scrimmage. The coaches could have talked about last year's poor performance and having to start a freshman qb this year and made that an excuse to lower expectations. They know there is a high probability that they're not only starting a true freshman but that his backup may also be a true freshman and they're trying their hardest to age those guys up. I think they're respecting the ability and intelligence of these guys by throwing the kitchen sink at them and letting them learn through their mistakes. The defense has gotten them a few times because of it but they've hit some passes that were damn near indefensible as well.

I know there is a lot of talk about needing to work on the passing game because of how poor it was last year and how the running backs are a little banged up, but I think there is also a strong belief that given enough time, effort, and patience this passing game can get really, really good.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, brophog said:

They know there is a high probability that they're not only starting a true freshman but that his backup may also be a true freshman and they're trying their hardest to age those guys up. I think they're respecting the ability and intelligence of these guys by throwing the kitchen sink at them and letting them learn through their mistakes.

Throwing the kitchen sink at them definitely seems like the wisest strategy. The hardest part for these two QB's will probably be huge amount of pressure that could come if things don't go well during the first 4-5 games of the season, mainly from the fan base and the weight of expectations.

What I've seen with our program in the post-Bo era is not being able to get a handle on that aspect of playing here.

But for me, if these guys can play better than Ricky Haarberg this season it's a major accomplishment and can & will be a building block for greatness (as long as no key players transfer).

On 4/8/2024 at 10:14 PM, Mavric said:

Changing line protections is crazy.  That is sooooo much film work.

When I played we had two line calls by the QB...slide right, slide left.  Of course I did not need to worry about those calls because I did not ever play.

• Plus1 2

Lots of top rated HS QB’s bust out in college, however I truly believe Dylan is a special QB and will be program changing for NU.  

He has all the physical abilities to be great, the mental aspect to play the position and be great  by all accounts, and most importantly the mindset to get better than what he is.   

Hopefully Rhule and Company are able to stack talent around this kid and he stays healthy.  If so, it’s gonna be a fun 3-4 years.   

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2