2024 Bracketology

Mavric

10 games left and the next 3 are the 3 highest NET ranked teams left, with 2 on the road. Massive 6-day stretch coming up. 

Go 2-1 or better and I think the bubble talk is more like what seed can they get.

Go 1-2 and they really need to finish strong like 6-1 or better the last 7.

Go 0-3 feels like they would probably need to win out and get more than 1 in the B1G tourney.

Idk if it is a strong bubble or anything, but feels like 6-4 down the stretch won't cut it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Up to 55 in the NET, 51 at T-Rank, 50 at Ken Pom, 60 in ESPN's BPI & 34 in BPI SOR.

I don't think BPI has been updated.  They have their current record at 16-6 but show their most recent movement is down 3.  I don't think they fell 3 places after beating the team at 16 in the BPI.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, admo said:

Continue the pace and should get an invite, however, getting at least one win during the Big Tourney would probably seal the deal.  

I feel like the Big Tourney could become a make it or break it decision. 

Think we’d have to fall apart not to make it. There will be very few teams with two top six wins on their resume. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ECisGod said:

The Wisconsin win didn't move the needle much for Jerry Palm either.  He still has NU as a 9 seed at CBS Sports.

2024 NCAA Tournament Bracket Predictions - Bracketology - College Basketball - CBSSports.com

Who likes us, Who doesn't, Who's numbers......None of that matters.  We are officially a bubble team and things will be fine as long as we stay the course.  But to be honest, we already have one foot in.  

It's as simple as keep rolling.   Keep playing.  Protect home court as much as possible, collect more wins, and show up in the B1G tourney. 

We are 16-6, sitting in the top 5 of the B1G, with 2 huge wins over the conferences top 2 teams - Purdue and Wisconsin. 

Michigan State and Indiana are right behind us.  And you know they committee wants them in.  

But they will also look at Nebraska that rarely makes it to March Madness, so it will be a good story for the selection committee.

Keep rolling like I said and it will be fine.  

I think if we go .500 the rest of the way we'll be in like Flint, but I'm not counting no chickens the way we beat #1 in the country then lose to #43 in the Big Ten.
I've been critical of Coach Hoiberg but I think they've made some major improvements on defense and just the change alone of pulling Reink out to shoot the 3 and opening up the lane to Juwan and others makes for a much tougher offense to defend.
I still say the team is psycho though...how do you only score 51 on the road?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think if we go .500 the rest of the way we'll be in like Flint, but I'm not counting no chickens the way we beat #1 in the country then lose to #43 in the Big Ten.
I've been critical of Coach Hoiberg but I think they've made some major improvements on defense and just the change alone of pulling Reink out to shoot the 3 and opening up the lane to Juwan and others makes for a much tougher offense to defend.
I still say the team is psycho though...how do you only score 51 on the road?

In like Flynn

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2