Huskers Hire Glenn Thomas as Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach

Chiefs 3rd and short - run up the middle and get stuffed. 

Wife:  “Why didn’t they just do a short pass that’s been successful this whole drive?“

Chiefs 4th and short - short pass for 1st down. 

Several drives later. 

Chiefs 4th and short - run up the middle and get stuffed.  

Have fun “Run the damn ball guy”. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Chiefs 3rd and short - run up the middle and get stuffed. 

Wife:  “Why didn’t they just do a short pass that’s been successful this whole drive?“

Chiefs 4th and short - short pass for 1st down. 

Several drives later. 

Chiefs 4th and short - run up the middle and get stuffed.  

Have fun “Run the damn ball guy”. 

They won(Chiefs).  You saw what happened to the Ravens not running the ball.  Limited by not doing what got them there in the first place.  It helped by penalties not being called and the Ravens hurting themselves with poor discipline(personal foul) penalties.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

They won(Chiefs).  You saw what happened to the Ravens not running the ball.  Limited by not doing what got them there in the first place.  It helped by penalties not being called and the Ravens hurting themselves with poor discipline(personal foul) penalties.

My point is, great coaches agree that sometimes passing on short yardage downs is good strategy. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3

4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

During the regular season Lamar Jackson threw 457 times this season for 3678 yards. Tyler Huntley threw another 37 times for 203 yards. Jackson and Huntley collectively threw 27 TD passes.

The Ravens ran the ball 541 times for 2661 yards and 26 TDs. 

494 pass attempts and 541 run plays, that's a pretty balanced offense and to say that the run is what got them to the game today ignores their success in the passing game. The Ravens averaged 2.76 more pass plays than running plays per regular season game.

• Plus1 4
9 hours ago, LennynSquiggy said:

During the regular season Lamar Jackson threw 457 times this season for 3678 yards. Tyler Huntley threw another 37 times for 203 yards. Jackson and Huntley collectively threw 27 TD passes.

The Ravens ran the ball 541 times for 2661 yards and 26 TDs. 

494 pass attempts and 541 run plays, that's a pretty balanced offense and to say that the run is what got them to the game today ignores their success in the passing game. The Ravens averaged 2.76 more pass plays than running plays per regular season game.

I'm not making my point on that.  My point is that when you only give the running back on your team 8 attempts to run and your starting qb has the same attempts bc of broken plays or direct plays the offense is going to limit themselves in trying to keep the defense guessing.  Once Kansas City figured out that Baltimore wasn't going to try to run the ball they blitzed and Lamar couldn't do it by himself and didn't have enough help around him to make plays.  Zay Flowers reach for the goal line was another example as to why you don't try to extend while the ball is exposed.  Great effort poor execution.  I understand the stats you provided but your not going to win much important games in the playoffs if your offense is limited unless your defense can carry the offense which clearly didn't happen.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Zay Flowers reach for the goal line was another example as to why you don't try to extend while the ball is exposed. 

Zay Flowers had the ball knocked out as he was being tackled, he didn't try to extend it over the goal line like the last player we talked about. This time it was just a good defensive play that caused the fumble.

• TBH 1
24 minutes ago, LennynSquiggy said:

Zay Flowers had the ball knocked out as he was being tackled, he didn't try to extend it over the goal line like the last player we talked about. This time it was just a good defensive play that caused the fumble.

He absolutely tried to extend  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

He absolutely tried to extend  

For clarity.

The last player tried to extend the ball itself over the goal line and not just his body which is why I said...

1 hour ago, LennynSquiggy said:

he didn't try to extend it over the goal line like the last player we talked about

"It" being the ball. I should have been more specific.

Edited by LennynSquiggy
Forgot a line.
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

I guess we have different definitions of "extend"..  

The first player extended his arms (and the ball) to try to score. The second one extended his whole body while keeping the ball held close. That's the difference as I see it, your mileage may vary.