NFL 2024

1 hour ago, admo said:

The guardian cap is an embarrassing look for the sport, and it looks stupid.  But, someone has to make money f#&%ing things up, as long as the NFL gets their cut. That's how it goes.

I don't know if there's an angle for the NFL to make money off the guardian cap, but they are justifiably scared of the brain injury stats curtailing participation and fueling lawsuits. 

• TBH 1

39 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't know if there's an angle for the NFL to make money off the guardian cap, but they are justifiably scared of the brain injury stats curtailing participation and fueling lawsuits. 

They get a cut (NFL) if worn.  They get another cut (bigger) if players switch to one of the new 6 helmets they rolling out this year.

No one here (me) is downplaying brain injury and lawsuits as an option.  But I knew someone would touch on that as a pivot, instead of agreeing that guardian caps look horrible and stupid.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Madcows said:

Explain why Jameis Winston sucked at NO?  He played 9 home games in a dome, road game at Atl, Carolina and Tampa. So that's practically 12 games in near perfect weather conditions where most QBs can do pretty good in that environment and yet his TD to INT ratio is like 1.2:1.  Or explain Rattler who played for the Falcons and had the same ideal conditions and also sucked bald donkey balls.  CJ had a great season, the question now is, now that teams have a season worth of film on him and can adjust to what they do, can he continue to be a great QB or was it a flash in the pan season?

Pretty good counter about Winston :thumbs  And others have benefited from domes and others have failed as well.

The bottom line is really this....  I'm just a Houston Texan hater :P 

CJ Stroud is actually pretty awesome.  

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, admo said:

They get a cut (NFL) if worn.  They get another cut (bigger) if players switch to one of the new 6 helmets they rolling out this year.

No s#!t? So who exactly is driving the Guardian Cap bus?

I'd imagine the NFL doling out the incentives, not receiving them. Nobody said they didn't look really stupid.

It's kinda like when Rick Barry was shooting underhand free throws and setting the record for accuracy. He claimed he could get the worst free-throw shooter to double their percentage by using the simple two-handed granny shot. Even with that incentive, no other player wanted to look that uncool. 

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=568821e4bd74bee9&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS1064US1065&sxsrf=ACQVn08VwTtnYm2pVigqrWvrU0_3cbo_sQ:1714498127986&q=rick+barry+underhand+free+throw&tbm=vid&source=lnms&prmd=vinsbmtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwigrIufu-qFAxUsRDABHXj1AUIQ0pQJegQICBAB&biw=2880&bih=1242&dpr=1#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:0f4483ea,vid:qy8qiFkhRZo,st:0

17 hours ago, admo said:

No one here (me) is downplaying brain injury and lawsuits as an option.  But I knew someone would touch on that as a pivot, instead of agreeing that guardian caps look horrible and stupid.

There will certainly be no shortage of players who, when faced with the choice between looking cool and trying to keep their brain functioning well for the rest of their lives, will absolutely go with the 'look cool' option.

7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Just go back to these permanently. Denver's rebrand was cool when it came out...25 years ago. Now it's it's own version of boring and painfully outdated.

I agree 100%

Since the 90s I've been waiting for the Chicago Bears to return to white jersey with white pants on the road, every year.