2024 Portal Szn

4 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

So, if I read this right @DGNU - Nebraska could use another big but it's not as pressing as guards. Is that correct?

I think they need both! But yeah extremely pressing if they lose Mast, an interior guy... 2, at least. Never surprised if a team leaves that 13th spot open but I am hoping for/expect at least 3 more signings, 4 if Mast goes. (2/3 minimum...?)

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

Known players we are after (we have visited or they have been/will be on campus):

SF Frankie Fidler Sr Omaha

PF William Kyle Jr South Dakota St

PF/C Pharrel Payne Jr Minnesota

SF Joshua Ola-Joseph Jr Minnesota

C Malique Ewin Jr JUCO/Ole Miss

C Igor Milicic Sr Charlotte

PF/C Andrew Morgan Sr NDSU

PG Rollie Worster Sr Utah

SG/SF Gavin Griffiths So Rutgers

SG Connor Hickman Sr Bradley -> Cincinnati

PF John Hugley Sr Oklahoma -> Xavier

BTW Red Five, thanks for the updates man. You are doing some great stuff keeping everyone updated! 

Thinking this is a list of guys we want most with 4 scholly's remaining. 

1a- F William Kyle (JR)

1b- F/C Igor Milicic (SR)

3 C Malique Evin (JR)- if we miss on one of our top two I think he fits in here nicely. 

4 G Brendan Hausen (JR)

5a G Connor Essegian (JR)

5b Depth at guard or forward  

- I think Fred will not take another HS player unless it is a late bloomer we find similar to Diop last year.

- Outside of Milicic, it looks like we will be targeting guys with 2 or more years of eligibility left.

- I still believe we can get both of Kyle and Milicic, will be interesting to see what happens. Also, still waiting to hear on Mast. 

- An absolute need is bench shooting and Hausen fits that role- would be a great get for us. 

- As I said before, it will be interesting to see how many guys may come here to possibly sit for a year and play a lot more in the coming years. 

- Nebraska is going for guys that fit what Fred wants to do as opposed to NIL bag getters. 

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, Red Five said:

New target of interest for NU - 6'4" Brendan Hausen SG from Villanova.  Career 40% 3 point shooter.  Played 18 mins/game last year.  Has taken 246 shots over 2 years, with 223 being 3 pointers.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/brendan-hausen-1.html

Verbal commits did a blurb on this this morning. Would be awesome!!!

Nebraska basketball interested in Villanova guard Brendan Hausen

According to Robin Washut of Husker Online, there is mutual interest between the Huskers and former Villanova guard Brendan Hausen. The 6-foot-4 guard was ranked as the No. 70 overall prospect coming out of high school but has been limited to coming off the bench for the Wildcats.

Last season, he averaged 6.2 points per game in just over 17 minutes. He shot 38 percent from 3-point range and has made 88-of-222 3 attempts from deep the past two seasons (39.5 percent).

Like Gavin Griffiths, his best basketball seems to be ahead of him. On3.com also called him “one of the best shooters in the portal” so it would be a perfect fit for Nebraska baskeball. Washut reported a visit is possible and this would be another stellar addition if Fred Hoiberg can pull it off.

The way Chucky's family has been treated, and the way Chucky has been treated at PBA, I'd say there is about .0001% chance he's heading to Lincoln.  If the team-up with former teammate FF is an option, the opportunity is in Omaha.