Thunderin' Bolts vs Northwestern

I just like how this team seems to find ways to win.  Sometimes it is offensive explosion, others it’s great pitching, other times it’s taking what the other team gives you and taking advantage of it, and sometimes luck. Regardless, they are winning games.

• Plus1 2

It was a good win. They played clean on defense and what seems to be the norm, they did just enough offensively to win and with Oklahoma getting swept by Lamar this weekend enough to be ranked.

Getting ranked is not a good thing for this team. Yes, I think Northwestern will surprise a couple teams in conference play but Nebraska is not playing like a top 25 team. They are giving up late inning runs, the fielding % is lacking and the team is winning shakingly. (All Huskers fans this weekend found ourselves begging for the win in all 3 games.) 

There is loads of reason for optimism though. This team just grinds. The pitching staff is deeper than projected and Bolt is allowing the base coaches to coach. The small ball play has been better than advertised. All of that is on the Staff and Players. Buckle Up folks, it's getting more real with each game. Tuesday's game against a red hot, very good Creighton team will be the Huskers best test to date 

Congrats to BIG RED, the team and the fans!! Let's keep it going. Very tough week ahead!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

11 hours ago, Loebarth said:

It was a good win. They played clean on defense and what seems to be the norm, they did just enough offensively to win and with Oklahoma getting swept by Lamar this weekend enough to be ranked.

Getting ranked is not a good thing for this team. Yes, I think Northwestern will surprise a couple teams in conference play but Nebraska is not playing like a top 25 team. They are giving up late inning runs, the fielding % is lacking and the team is winning shakingly. (All Huskers fans this weekend found ourselves begging for the win in all 3 games.) 

There is loads of reason for optimism though. This team just grinds. The pitching staff is deeper than projected and Bolt is allowing the base coaches to coach. The small ball play has been better than advertised. All of that is on the Staff and Players. Buckle Up folks, it's getting more real with each game. Tuesday's game against a red hot, very good Creighton team will be the Huskers best test to date 

Congrats to BIG RED, the team and the fans!! Let's keep it going. Very tough week ahead!!!!

We hope.  Kendall said last week that UGA and NU were next in line but UGA also swept a better team in Alabama.  I'd like to think they both get in though.  

4 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

We hope.  Kendall said last week that UGA and NU were next in line but UGA also swept a better team in Alabama.  I'd like to think they both get in though.  

Oklahoma for sure will drop out after getting swept and KState might as well after losing 2 of 3 at home. That should open up a spot for Nebraska one would think.