2024 Spring Practice Notes - Quarterbacks

Competition doesn’t mean they are just playing each snap in practice to be the starter.
DR could potentially raise the play of the 2 & 3 QBs because he makes a lot throws, runs the offense, is a leader, and makes the other QBs realize they just plain need to be better. 

Sometimes dudes just need to see what’s possible. The competition could be that DR makes amazing plays but isn’t polished as a D1 QB.  But the fact he shows guys “what might be possible” if they go for it and hone their skills. 

in short, obviously DR is the “stater” but even tho he needs college reps, he shows guys at his position that some things are possible they might not have known they could potentially do. That will make everyone better.  The best player competing for a job can make the other guys better by showing them what’s possible. 

18 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

No QB is coming here to be #2!!!!!!

I'm not saying they would have come here to be #2 right away bc you never know what is going to transpire during spring and fall camp.  DK took a back seat to DR after he committed here.  Im just saying all the qb's weren't good enough last year they should have brought three qb's in to compete for the job instead of allowing HH to still play qb when we all know he is best suited for a different position.  If DK would have committed else where then it forces Nebraska to go find a qb bc you would have only had 2 scholarships qb's on your roster.  I feel like DK will redshirt, HH will be the number 2 and DR will start barring any injuries.  I still don't like that move bc HH can run the ball but when it comes to his passing he can't make the accurate throws that count and when defenses take away the run game then it puts all the offensive on his shoulders which clearly he couldn't handle last year when giving the opportunity to lead.

• Haha 3

The thing I really notice as a positive change with Haarberg is his comfort factor. He knows he can't get hit, so maybe that has something to do with it, but he was so indecisive and skittish last year. In the spring game, they're not all amazing plays but he checks down when he needs to, he throws it away when he has to, and he stands tall in the pocket.

• Plus1 3