I'm sorry but there's problems

huskerguy

I think a lot of you forget that college ball is nothing more than temporary practice until they reach their third year past high school graduation and leap frog to the NFL. If I was a highly sought after recruit and came to NU, I'd be extremely pissed being co-#1 and not getting any/many carries. When you have too many roosters in the hen house, these things happen. I'm amazed BJax came back this year. It does him no good now to transfer, but if he'd have left before this season he'd have had 2 more years starting for another school.

The only way I'd rather be a #3 or #4 at NU than a starter at any other program would be if there was absolutely 0% chance of me making it to the next level. Each of these 4 guys have the chance to play at the next level. I mean if Buckhalter can play in the pros then anyone of these 4 could make it.

Ya there's a problem at running back. Too many good backs to get on the field at one time. It's kinda like having too much money or too much business or .........insert yours here!

Maybe if we never throw the ball and make every down a running down we can get them all in with plenty of playing time. Ooops then we'll tick off the recievers and the QB.

You'll never keep everyone happy. ALL of the top programs have something called depth. At any position where you have depth there is a potential that you will have talent not playing and not happy about it. It's part of the game. It would be a shame if we had too many talented QB's, recievers and defensive secondary personnel. I soo wish we had a few more of these types of problems. I wonder how Pete Carrol handles these issues?

Ya there's a problem at running back. Too many good backs to get on the field at one time. It's kinda like having too much money or too much business or .........insert yours here!

Maybe if we never throw the ball and make every down a running down we can get them all in with plenty of playing time. Ooops then we'll tick off the recievers and the QB.

You'll never keep everyone happy. ALL of the top programs have something called depth. At any position where you have depth there is a potential that you will have talent not playing and not happy about it. It's part of the game. It would be a shame if we had too many talented QB's, recievers and defensive secondary personnel. I soo wish we had a few more of these types of problems. I wonder how Pete Carrol handles these issues?

Yeah, I agree with you on that. One thing I noticed was a couple plays, Jackson and Wilson would be in on the same play. I think Wilson and Lucky were in on a couple plays together as well. Taylor and co. are making it look too easy this year. It's scary. I thought this offense didn't work in college? :lol:

I did not bother reading this crap after the first paragraph.

Did anyone see Cody Gleen jumping around congratulatiing Lucky on his TD's.

We have no prolems. The kid is hurt, pulled a hammy on Tuesday of last week.

The sky is not falling. Let the coaches and players do their jobs. While we try and do ours! Support the team, nothing more, nothing less.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

3 years ago, we had a problem at RB because we had no talent. Now we have a problem because we have too much talent. What? C'mon, be HAPPY that we have the depth and talent, and don't worry about a certain guy here or there being angry at not getting carries. They're all four pretty talented and dependable, and I wouldn't be upset at all to see any of them carry the load. Thank goodness for that! Now let's go crush some Chickenhawks!

You're obviously wrong there Huskers guy. Like a few of the past posts have said, Cody was seen congratulating all of the Nebraska players who scored touchdowns or even made good plays (including running backs). I personally know Cody and know for a fact that he would never say anything negative to a coach or a teammate for that matter. I've played alot of sports with alot of guys and never played with an athlete that was as much about his team as Cody is. Just to spice it up a little on the ole huskerboard.....if there had been a fight between Cody and another back then the other backs would have doubtful for the game also with their own personal injuries! haha

I dont see a problem at the RB spot as the title says. There's one ball and four good RBs. These guys are sophs & juniors. There are plenty of games in front of them.

I have not heard any of the backs say anything degrading with a microphone on. They are all likeable guys, and no doubt they all have potential.

It's all debatable, but not exactly anything to lose sleep over.

Huskerguy's opinion is just that, and it's okay.

Coming from a former running back i hated not getting all the carries in a game... I just wanted to touch the ball as much as possible.. I think its just the mentality a running back has to have.. I started every game but hated to have to come out for rest or any thing... So i am sure it will blow over and its not much for us to worry about!!

Willis