Juco QB Zach Lee

it is all going to be how fast this kid picks up the WCO, he will be ahead of Witt only because he played in JC for a year which is just a step higher then High School

Witt has the smarts to grasp the verbage, you dont have a 4.0+ GPA and 40 college credits as a high school senior by being a dummy.

both are coming in january so it is going to be fun to read about

Speaking of fast, Lee runs a 4.6 forty and has scrambling ability. He is the heir to the qb thrown IMO after Keller.

Great, I can't wait to see him run the triple option. :lol:

Don't be so sure that Keller is a shoe in for the starting job next year! All we know Lee could come in and totally blow up and take away the starting QB spot. Either way, it's a damn nice problem to have!

As you remember, it took Taylor awhile last year before he was a solid QB. More than likely it will take Lee a while to develop into the system. I expect he will be redshirted. I think Ganz can be a capable backup. And then we have Hillibrand, too.

May not be able to confirm injury until tomorrow.

But here was an article on him in yesterday's San Francisco Chronicle before today's championship game.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...SPGVDMRLJT1.DTL

A happy turnaround for CCSF's Lee

Son of former NFL quarterback raised profile in 10-1 season with Rams

Jake Curtis, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, December 8, 2006

Zac Lee will enroll at Nebraska next month, and in a year or two it's reasonable to believe he will be the starting quarterback for a program challenging for a national championship.

Two years ago, virtually no college wanted Lee despite an impressive senior season at St. Ignatius High School.

"The thing that shocked me," City College of San Francisco coach George Rush said, "was that he didn't get a scholarship (out of high school). But a lot of things work out as a blessing."

It's a common story in sports: A major disappointment one day turns into the best thing that could have happened the next.

When the expected scholarship offer never came, Lee decided to go to CCSF "because I thought it was the best place to get me where I thought I should be."

At first, it merely got him a seat in the stands to watch CCSF play as he spent last fall as a grayshirt, a part-time student whose eligibility did not begin until he enrolled as a full-time student in the winter.

Today, as a freshman, Lee is the star of a CCSF team that will play El Camino College (11-2) on Saturday in Fresno in the community college state championship game. He has thrown 32 touchdown passes and only five interceptions for the Rams (10-1), with none of the picks coming in the postseason.

He heads to Lincoln, Neb., on Jan. 15 and will participate in spring drills with three years of eligibility remaining.

Sometimes things just work out, much as they did for Lee's father, Bob Lee. The elder Lee went to Lowell High, started out at Arizona State, then transferred to CCSF, where he and another newcomer from San Francisco named O.J. Simpson found themselves on the second-team offense. Injuries to the starters at quarterback and running back opened the door for Lee and Simpson. Lee continued on to Pacific and then a 12-year NFL career. Simpson did all right on the football field, too.

Zac Lee was born six years after his father had completed his NFL career and was never pushed into football by his father. In fact, Zac didn't played football until his freshman year at St. Ignatius, and Bob Lee figured his son's main sport would be baseball.

This is not the Manning family. Father and son do not have all-night film sessions, nor does Bob drill his son on the mechanics of quarterbacking.

If they talk about football, it's about demeanor and approach.

"It's a lot on the psychological side," Bob Lee said, "what to expect in a certain situation."

Zac said their discussions focus more on leadership issues.

"It's nice to have someone who's had success and failure, and it's even better when that person is your father," Zac said. "If I can be as successful as him, it would be a great accomplishment."

And the NFL is now within dreaming distance for Zac.

"Why not?" he said.

Bob Lee says his son is bigger, stronger and faster than he was at the same age, and rivals.com rates Zac Lee as the nation's top junior-college quarterback prospect and the 10th-best junior-college prospect overall.

With Arizona State transfer and former San Ramon Valley High School star Sam Keller the leading candidate to become the Huskers' starting quarterback next season, Lee may opt to redshirt the season, which would be Keller's last year of eligibility.

That would prevent Lee from playing with former CCSF standout Maurice Purify, who has become a star wide receiver as a Nebraska junior. There was also the possibility that current CCSF star and Oakland Skyline High alumnus Kenny O'Neal, the No. 1-rated junior college wide receiver, according to rivals.com, might go to Nebraska, but he recently committed to Tennessee.

So Lee and O'Neal will hook up for the final time Saturday.

Knee injury :angry:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...SPGPDMT1PN1.DTL

JC STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

CCSF collapses with QB Lee's knee

Bryant-Jon Anteola, Special to the Chronicle

Sunday, December 10, 2006

(12-10) 04:00 PST Fresno -- When it mattered most, City College of San Francisco was forced to try to win without its best player. Quarterback Zac Lee, a Nebraska recruit and the top-ranked junior-college quarterback prospect in the country, injured his left knee midway through the third quarter. It was up to Lee's teammates, particularly backup Kyle Barker, to finish CCSF's season strong.

But, like Lee on the sideline with his bad knee, CCSF hobbled to the finish. Its offense became turnover-prone and its defense wilted down the stretch as CCSF lost 49-35 to El Camino in the state championship Saturday at Chukchansi Park.

"I don't know if there's a way to describe how it feels; I'm just numb right now," said Lee, who completed 21 of 32 passes for 375 yards and two touchdowns.

"The knee, the way our season ended ... it all hurts."

The Rams committed three turnovers after Lee went down with roughly 7 minutes left in the third quarter and were outscored 14-0 in the fourth quarter.

Lee injured his knee while trying to roll out and dive for a touchdown. As Lee lie on the ground for roughly five minutes, Barker warmed up. Barker, who had thrown only 11 passes all season, immediately came in and scored on a 1-yard quarterback sneak that tied the game 35-35.

But that was the only good he would do.

Barker was picked off in the end zone on CCSF's next drive, which El Camino followed with a touchdown. He was picked off again later in the game, and finished 9 of 22 for 90 yards, no touchdown passes and two interceptions.

"Anytime you lose a first-string quarterback, the team's level of confidence is going to drop," said El Camino receiver Kayne Farquharson, a Miami recruit who finished with five catches for 90 yards and a touchdown. "That's pretty much what happened to them. It would have been the same for us if we lost our quarterback."

Lee actually played one series after he got hurt, coming in for Barker after his first interception to start the fourth quarter with CCSF down 42-35. Lee hobbled to the line of scrimmage, but it was a fumble by receiver Andre Wells on a screen pass from Lee that hurt CCSF. El Camino capitalized with another touchdown off a turnover with 7:31 remaining.

Lee never reentered the game.

When asked if he could have kept playing, Lee said "I don't know. I tried to (play with the injury). But when something's hurt, it's hurt." Rams coach George Rush took a more cautious stance. "He was cleared by the medical staff, but it was obvious he couldn't run," Rush said. "I wasn't going to let him be a sitting duck and get beat up.

"There was no way I was going to let him play and maybe ruin his career so he can throw 10 more passes for me. His long-term future is more important than playing in this game."

Lee's injury dampened what had been an exciting see-saw battle as the two teams traded touchdowns with big play after big play.

In the second quarter alone, CCSF scored 27 points to El Camino's 21. Four touchdowns were scored in the final 5:45 of the first half.

El Camino quarterback Boo Jackson completed 15 of 24 passes for 273 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for 26 yards on four carries. El Camino running back Jamicah Bass, an Oregon State recruit, racked up 145 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries.

The big receiving performance of the day went to CCSF's Kenny O'Neal, who had 12 catches for 229 yards and two touchdowns, one an 85-yarder.

"You know, we worked so hard to get here and be in this position," Rush said. "It's very disappointing to see it end like this."