Juco QB Zach Lee

this is freakin great!!!!!! i cant wait.. glad to see us with a QB plan after this year.. Cuz, until just recently i had no clue what we would do once Taylor left, but now it looks as tho we have keller next year, then this guy 2 years after that? is that right?

Actually Lee is here for 3 years.....3 years to play 4.

He's really going to have to get after it to play 4 season in 3 years :)

Lee has 4 years to play 3, which means he will more than likely redshirt next season and then have 3 years of eligibility. This differs from Hilldebrand who came in this year with 3 years to play 3, which means even though he probably won't play this year, it still counts towards eligibility.

This is how thing will stack up (assuming Keller starts next year and we don't have to burn redshirts)

Keller (senior)

Ganz (Junior)

Davis (senior)

Hilldebrand (junior)

Lee (sophomore - but redshirting)

Witt (freshman)

Ganz (senior)

Hilldebrand (senior)

Lee (RS Sophomore)

Witt (RS Freshman)

Anyone else we bring in

A few thoughts from soonerfans .com BEFORE he commited to Nebaraska.

Zach has been impressive to say in the least. He has good command of the offense and is putting up some nice numbers. I believe that the reason he ended up in CCSF is because he was playing a lot of baseball in high school and didn't go to a lot of camps like a lot of other QB's were. His high school team also didn't like to throw the ball that much, so his numbers weren't those "jump out and catch your eye" kind of thing.

Apparently our staff is really interested in him; they have been talking for about the past 3-4 weeks thus far. Who knows at this point. We are looking at so many different QBs right now, we may end up with some kid from BFE.

And this.

Saw the kid play this afternoon, since I live in the area. He made mostly good decicions, had command of the offense, and seemed to have some ability to scramble. He looked cool in the pocket most of the time. Threw one pick in the end zone when he was flushed, but overall did well.

Talked to him for a few minutes after the game, he noticed my OU hat, and had a sly grin on his face. Not sure that means anything.

He's anxious to make a decision and said he would in a few weeks - I'm guessing after his season is over. He said the attention is nice since he didn't get any offers out of high school, likely due to baseball.

And AFTER his commit to the Huskers.

Why would he want to ride the bench behind Keller ?

Im calling BS

And this.

This HAS to be all BS. We havn't heard anything from him with his own words.

MORE

Very strange situation. Rivals doesn't show that he was offered by us, and also said that he had been offered by NU. However, he had supposedly spoken to Coach Heupel about coming to OU.

Overall, I'd prefer not to have a "Brantley or bust" philosophy. I had kinda expected that Lee would take a look at our situation, and it would pretty much be a done deal.

:laughpound

The Goober fans are crying and whining like their coach. Monkey see, Monkey do I guess.

Link

I especially liked this comment though it wasn't about Zach Lee:

callahan and nebraska are neat, but they still haven't done anything. they beat a mediocre michigan team in their bowl game last year and a over-achieving a&m team on the road last weekend.

Yep. We beat the same mediocre team that's ranked #2 in the Nation right now and beat the same over achieving A&M team on the road as them. :hmmm :hmmm

We'll I'd be pissed to if Lee committed elsewhere. To be honest though Lee isn't a full commit until he signs. Talk about that in his reruiting thread.

Since he's a juco can he sign a LOI early or does he have to wait with everyone else?

I'm fairly certain that the JUCOs that committed by the early signing period did sign early and those that committed after that signed on the regular February signing day.