RB Sam McGuiffe

DaveH

Could be. I read today that he is wide open. Several favorites but NO clear cut leader. If you read between the words. I would have to put us in the lead. He refers to Nebraska as a school that will get you to the pros.

An article on Scout this morning: http://michigan.scout.com/2/655961.html

He will probably be a Wolverine within a week.

FROM ARTICLE:

"As far as announcing a college decision, McGuffie said:

"I'll be ready to say something when I get home."

When asked for a timetable, he said:

"I'll probably get something set up for next week."

So I can get a close up view of him getting Waterboy'ed then?

I know it looks like Meechicken but the fat lady is not singing yet. I am not that high on Meechicken...have lost 4 bowl games in a row...Lloyd Carr seems like he is about ready to go...they are 2-5 vs. OSU since 2000....USC has embarrassed them in 2 Rose Bowls in last 4 years.

Anyway, hope Gabbert and Givens make the call to McGuffie...he should definitely visit us before pulling the trigger on UM. He'd really be a fan favorite at Nebraska with his style of play.

I know it looks like Meechicken but the fat lady is not singing yet. I am not that high on Meechicken...have lost 4 bowl games in a row...Lloyd Carr seems like he is about ready to go...they are 2-5 vs. OSU since 2000....USC has embarrassed them in 2 Rose Bowls in last 4 years.

Anyway, hope Gabbert and Givens make the call to McGuffie...he should definitely visit us before pulling the trigger on UM. He'd really be a fan favorite at Nebraska with his style of play.

Carr is due to retire soon and from what I have heard, the more time spent with him the less you like him, so maybe that extended Michigan visit will have a different result than expected.

• 2 weeks later...

he is going to announce his commitment on Houston channel 2 next sunday 15 July

so unless he comes to visit NU before then, I think it will be difficult to believe that he will commit to NU.

Probably going to Michigan

Wasn't he to have announced by now? Waivering on Meechicken and Lloyd "one more key loss and I am gone" Carr? I hope so!

OK, Blaine...put in that call and get McGufffie N! :)

he is going to announce his commitment on Houston channel 2 next sunday 15 July

so unless he comes to visit NU before then, I think it will be difficult to believe that he will commit to NU.

Probably going to Michigan

Wasn't he to have announced by now? Waivering on Meechicken and Lloyd "one more key loss and I am gone" Carr? I hope so!

OK, Blaine...put in that call and get McGufffie N! :)

According to Rivals:

Sam says he will make a decision in a few weeks and Michigan is his leader followed by USC, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State and Florida.

• 2 weeks later...