Lucky hospitalized?

What many people fail to remember is that OTC pain meds like Aleve, Advil, etc. used to be prescription medications. Instead of being 600 mg or 800mg Advil it is now 200 mg over the counter. Plus many people think that just because they can buy the drug OTC that you can mix and match without any seriious side effects. Why because they are mild drugs that a doctor didn't prescribe. WRONG

Everyone needs to be very careful with OTC drugs. Tylenol is one of the drugs that I see people come into the hospital for OD on a frequent basis. More than 2400 mg of tylenol a day or less can cause some serious problems in people with compromised liver or renal function. Take a look at the med label on cold meds and cough meds and see all the acetaminophen(tylenol) that is in these meds. Take enough and risk organ damage. My 0.02 cents.

GBR

What many people fail to remember is that OTC pain meds like Aleve, Advil, etc. used to be prescription medications. Instead of being 600 mg or 800mg Advil it is now 200 mg over the counter. Plus many people think that just because they can buy the drug OTC that you can mix and match without any seriious side effects. Why because they are mild drugs that a doctor didn't prescribe. WRONG

Everyone needs to be very careful with OTC drugs. Tylenol is one of the drugs that I see people come into the hospital for OD on a frequent basis. More than 2400 mg of tylenol a day or less can cause some serious problems in people with compromised liver or renal function. Take a look at the med label on cold meds and cough meds and see all the acetaminophen(tylenol) that is in these meds. Take enough and risk organ damage. My 0.02 cents.

GBR

:yeah It is definately not unheard of for folks to suffer liver failure from acetomenephine (sp?, tylenol). They take it unknowingly in other preparations (cold preparations) and take more directly for aches and pains. The liver is very good at concentrating drugs for detoxification. The other meds mentioned above are also potent and nothing to mess with. Gotta pay attention to the label. Treating the prescription pills like they were OTC's would be really dangerous.

I've been trying to not post on this subject and respect Marlon's privacy, but it's dang hard not to personally care for these guys and possibly overstep our bounds.

I've taken handfuls of aspirin before chasing a Headache and if no relief..Taken another handful even after knowing that it might be bad for the average person.. but not me..I have super powers and pain killers have no effect on me..(They usually don't).

My concern other than we're probably all embarrassing Him with all our speculation..Is what kind of Family support Marlon has..I mean. I keep reading about a Guardian/Uncle, but don't hear about his parents..Not mentioned in his Bios.

Back when I was at UNL, we had a program where a local family would "adopt" out of state players and kind of give them a "Home away from Home"...Is that still happening or did the NCAA take that away, too?

I'm not saying ML tried to off himself, but if he's anything like me or my Wife..Three straight days of Gray skies makes either of us wonder if life is worth living.

Nebraska will always be "Home" and if I was dying, I'd want to spend at least my last few weeks there, but I can't imagine living there again...I loved growing up there and the people, but gray skies = death to people like me.

I imagine there's several players having similar problems..Not just homesick, but genuinely depressed because of different things..Weather, Girlfriend, loss of privacy, trying to hold on to your spot on the team, boards like this one where people are calling you names because you can't cover a guy 6" taller than you, tough classes, worrying about declaring a Major, evading Sports agents..

We probably all need to step back a little and let these guys know we're there if they need us, and that it's just a game.

Great post!

I've been trying to not post on this subject and respect Marlon's privacy, but it's dang hard not to personally care for these guys and possibly overstep our bounds.

I've taken handfuls of aspirin before chasing a Headache and if no relief..Taken another handful even after knowing that it might be bad for the average person.. but not me..I have super powers and pain killers have no effect on me..(They usually don't).

My concern other than we're probably all embarrassing Him with all our speculation..Is what kind of Family support Marlon has..I mean. I keep reading about a Guardian/Uncle, but don't hear about his parents..Not mentioned in his Bios.

Back when I was at UNL, we had a program where a local family would "adopt" out of state players and kind of give them a "Home away from Home"...Is that still happening or did the NCAA take that away, too?

I'm not saying ML tried to off himself, but if he's anything like me or my Wife..Three straight days of Gray skies makes either of us wonder if life is worth living.

Nebraska will always be "Home" and if I was dying, I'd want to spend at least my last few weeks there, but I can't imagine living there again...I loved growing up there and the people, but gray skies = death to people like me.

I imagine there's several players having similar problems..Not just homesick, but genuinely depressed because of different things..Weather, Girlfriend, loss of privacy, trying to hold on to your spot on the team, boards like this one where people are calling you names because you can't cover a guy 6" taller than you, tough classes, worrying about declaring a Major, evading Sports agents..

We probably all need to step back a little and let these guys know we're there if they need us, and that it's just a game.

Was thinking about what you said about gray skies. I don't think I noticed it that much growing up in Lincoln. What I do remember is the snow and cold winters. I used to think about going back to live there again, but the cold days here are now getting to me. That 2 inches we had in Tucson a couple of weeks ago slapped me back into reality. :lol:

I just hope its nice for the USC game. I would hate to be sitting there in a big coat and everyone else is in shirt sleeves. :)

GBR!!!