pederson out

I think Pederson should be fired from his position as athletic director and be downgraded to janitor, he has been destroying husker nation since he took over, his contract expires in Jan of 08 but he should be fired before that, I don't know the rules and their might be a penatly or something if we do fire him I dont know, but many donors are withdrawing, I still remember when I was at a b-ball game and he was on the jumbo-tron and everyone in the Devany was booing,Pederson better resign or get fired before he completly destroys husker nation :steam:bang

I think Pederson should be fired from his position as athletic director and be downgraded to janitor, he has been destroying husker nation since he took over, his contract expires in Jan of 08 but he should be fired before that, I don't know the rules and their might be a penatly or something if we do fire him I dont know, but many donors are withdrawing, I still remember when I was at a b-ball game and he was on the jumbo-tron and everyone in the Devany was booing,Pederson better resign or get fired before he completly destroys husker nation :steam:bang

Well, whatever happens, if he is terminated, we'll never know the reason why because it will be a personnel matter and the University won't be able to say anything chuckleshuffle

I disagree.

I would write more and explain why I completely disagree with everything you just said, but I have learned it is completely usless to argue with people who have already made up their mind.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Steve Pederson for everything he has done for the Nebraska program and hope that he will be around for a long, long time.

I honestly had to check the date of this thread to make sure it wasn't one from 2004.

Destroy Husker Nation? Didn't he coin that whole idea?

Penalties? Just to make this clear, you don't know the rules but you think we broke some? How does that work?

Anyway, I think firesteve.com is still operational. Plenty of that stuff over there.

I can't say I think he's awesome, but he has put money back into the football program where the AD can acutally make money for the rest of the sports. He's put up the facilities the program needs to get looks from top tier talent in the country. Can't really dispute that.

I am curious how many donors are withdrawing and how much fewer dollars is the athletic department bringing in compared to those years prior to his arrival. I am also slightly suprised how one man can destroy "Husker Nation". If true he may be the most powerful man in Nebraska, maybe even the entire country

BLAHHHH!!!!!!! :asshat

Well, whatever happens, if he is terminated, we'll never know the reason why because it will be a personnel matter and the University won't be able to say anything chuckleshuffle

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

BLAHHHH!!!!!!! :asshat

:yeah

Maybe you could provide some proof when you say, "many donors are withdrawing." And why is Husker Nation being destroyed? Like DaveH said, Pederson came up with the whole "Husker Nation" idea. I can't say Husker Nation is destroyed when we are enjoying some of the most positive off-season buzz about our football team since 2001, we have a National Championship in one sport, both of our basketball programs are on their way up , and the baseball team looks great yet again. Yeah Husker Nation is in tatters. :sarcasm

I'm not a fan of Stevie P but I agree that many of the changes Shatel are griping about are for the best for reasons of security and safety. Shatel was on 1620 earlier but I missed it. Kevin Kuglar did mention that Stevie P did call the editor of the World Herald to vent his displeasure over the article. Then Stevie P was on KFAB and stated that many of the changes were made within the last 9 months to protect the female athletes and female employees.

Was there an incident that we don't know about? Or were they being proactive?

That's "Husker Nation"... trademarked and implemented in 2003 by Steve Pederson.