pederson out

WOW, what a great thread. 2 distincitve groups of people. 2 distinctive sides I LOVE IT.

In one corner, we have the MAGOOS. "Steve P sucks, he should be fired, hes and ass and and idiot, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Knock it off let it go.

the arguments are such BS. He fired Frank, THANK GAWD. He should have been fired when he was, why let another year go by in which frank and co could bring in below avg talent thus filling our roster even further with people that should not be playing at the D1 level.

He doesnt let us "HUSKER NATION" be a part of the program. So What, We dont have a right to know everything. Its not our place. We are so spoiled here in this state, thinking it is our god given right to have a say in all that happens, when in fact it is just the opposite.

A botched coaching search, were anyone of you there and involved. Do you know for sure that Urban Meyer would have taken the job? I bet you dont, so shut the hell up. Since we are making up stories, id bet that Steve had someone lined up and then that someone backed out thus leading to a coaching search. Yet all of us love Pelini, even though he could have had the job but wouldnt accept a 5 year deal cuz he wanted the NFL. If i recall HUSKER NATION bitched and moaned because we werent kept in the loop about the coaching search. Why? it wasnt our LOOP, it wasnt our business.

It is getting extremely old listening and reading peoples stuff who just need something to complain about.

Steve has done wonders here.

1. A true D1 football coach that has taken our program from the depths of Hell (Solich put us there and Stevie had the balls to rid us of him).

a. A program now talked about in conversations about the top teams in America.

Please recall, Frankie boy took a team that won 3 NC in 4 years and turned them into $hit in a very short time.

2. a 300% improvement in BB coaches,

3. More money for one of the best Baseball coaches in America

4. Completion of a new part of the stadium

Boosters are leaving, let them leave. They are the ones that feel they deserve to be consulted on all moves. THEY DONT. That is how trouble and violations happen

Get over it people it is not our place.

Our place is as follows; We hope for a good team, we cheer for our team, we armchair coach, we laugh and cry over each game and that is it.

WE HAVE NO SAY AND WE SHOULD HAVE NO SAY! GET OVER YOURSELVES AND IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THIS THEN START YOUR OWN PHUCKING BOARD AND STAY OFF THIS ONE

PR is a huge part of the AD's gig. His job is to bring in money. He doesn't do the daily grunt work. He needs to get a better image of himself and the program. Yes, fans will still buy tickets and go to FB games in spite of him as they love the program. Talk to former players and see how far things have sunk on 10th St. It's about selling your program. Pedersen doesn't get it (least I say the words Houston Nutt?)

i for one agree totally. i love the program and the kids and always will as a faithful alumni, BUT Pedersen has, for all the good he has done (jury still out on alot of it too, i might add), is not someone i can get behind or admire or even trust. Now you can say that is not important if you want, but by gawd to many of us it is! There is alot of secrecy surrounding alot of what goes on now with the team and personnel and you can bet that is exactly by design per Pud. Callahan has got free reign to go over and above what most coaches have for decision making and his "pro attitude" sure doesn't fit what we have come to recognize in the past. Sure, we can't go back, we can't live in the past, but i am not too damn sure i like what i see in the future either. Just my opinion, don't expect to argue about it, but this whole "administration" hasn't felt right since it began.

You young fellas pay attention to the above posts. Seems once again, 50% of us aren't sticking our head in the sand. "Throat Slash" situations and all, seem to be stiff armed "under the rug". The older gen is concerned about something. Tells me they are paying more attention to the details. This encourages me that all is not lost. :corndance

There is alot of secrecy surrounding alot of what goes on now with the team and personnel

I sure wish a lot of the crap that went down when TO was in charge was kept quiet. (Larry Phillips, "Happy Hands" Peters, Farley, Bulletbutt, Riley Washington, Tyrone Williams, the wonderful Steriods of the 80's, Shevin Wiggins, Doug Dubose coke problem, Jason Peters addiction to pain killers) The athletic department owes us nothing. If they don't feel like releasing information then that is their business. Just because people believe they deserve information doesn't make it so.

There is alot of secrecy surrounding alot of what goes on now with the team and personnel

I sure wish a lot of the crap that went down when TO was in charge was kept quiet. (Larry Phillips, "Happy Hands" Peters, Farley, Bulletbutt, Riley Washington, Tyrone Williams, the wonderful Steriods of the 80's, Shevin Wiggins) The athletic department owes us nothing. If they don't feel like releasing information then that is their business. Just because people believe they deserve information doesn't make it so.

Rock on, bretheren.

The athletic program does "owe us something". The amount of aid to the UNL system that comes from the state budget is huge. True, football is a cash cow, however, to keep the cow a'milkin the AD has to be a leader whose staff would break their backs for. That isn't the case. You don't chase away your alumni, the best PR you can have.

The things that went down in the late 80s and 90s were troubling, but it wasn't just at Nebraska. Saint Tom had a dark side that did allow his power to attempt to cover things up (his reputation with the Lincoln Police and County Attorneys office is a thread for another day). We may be passed that due to stricter NCAA rules and compliance officers. That being said, back to Pedersen. Yes, he has done some tasks that needed to be done, but again, his personality and ego doesn't work here. It didn't work in Pittsburgh.

The comment "WE HAVE NO SAY AND WE SHOULD HAVE NO SAY! GET OVER YOURSELVES AND IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THIS THEN START YOUR OWN PHUCKING BOARD AND STAY OFF THIS ONE" is really out there. We do have a say and should have. We've been in and around the program for a long time, a lifetime. Accept the fact, Pedersen has issues.

The Atheletic department gets exactly 0 dollars of your hard earned taxes, so you can shut the hell up, because you are owed nothing beyond what you pay for. If you are really that fed up with the program and those that run it, dont bye any liscensed merchandise, tickets, or donate, and put your money somewhere where it really matters, like the global aids fund, and above all, quit bitching about someone that owes nothing to you. Do I wish there was a little more transparancy, yes, but then again, I would want more tranparancy throughout sports in general, not just here. Seriously, look around and open your eyes. 1 in 10 males in this country are gay. Law of averages states that there are around 14 gay guys on the football team. Wanna force them to come out? How many mips are handed out to young adults in this state per year? I bet one in ten AT LEAST have that on the football team. How many people are fired from an office per year for doing some pretty disgusting and inethical things? More than you think. Ask for transparancy if you want, but you are not owed that. It is our constitutional right as Americans to maintain our own privacy, and that extends to AD's and football players as well. Hell, the players dont even get paid, so if anything, you owe them. Start paying up.

Old dude here. I heard someone talking about me.

I totally endorse what Mr. Pederson has done. I admire his determination. His dedication to the program and the state. He only has the best interest of the program, and that is 100% of the time. That being said I can not stand the man. But that has nothing to do with how he does what he is assigned to do.

Get over Frank being gone. Get over security, any of you ever fly?

Give this program a chance to return to where it was before the Solich tour. Said many times I loved the man, he was my childhood idol. He was the reason I played football.

But being a great player with endless determination does not always make a great coach. I think who ever followed Tom was destined to fail, just like every where else.

This crap being drug up day after day is destroying this board. If you can't say something good, it is best not say anything at all, I am sure your parents told you that at one time or another. Well now days maybe not. Seems like a bunch of spoiled babies to me anymore. I know I spend less time reading this drivel. You pedia rejects are destroying another board, thanks for coming.

What difference does it make anyway? Right now, Pud is untouchable according to my sources. He will not be fired unless he really screws the pooch.

Should he be fired? I don't know. With no concrete proof of lies or deception, probably not. Should Bill Clinton have been impeached?

The one thing I don't like about the whole situation and it's been beat to death for quite some time is how separated we fans are now. We have one side who can see no wrong with what's going on, and we have one side who sees everything as being wrong that is going on now. Husker Nation is more divided than I have ever seen.

Right now, we are faced with a run of bad luck. Okay, maybe dirty urine if that's the case is more self induced bad luck; but we are having some tough luck in terms of players and personnel. Hopefully, the team is focused on football rather than all of the outside influences right now. Players need to stop dicking around and get their heads screwed on straight in the next 6 months.

The one thing I don't like about the whole situation and it's been beat to death for quite some time is how separated we fans are now. We have one side who can see no wrong with what's going on, and we have one side who sees everything as being wrong that is going on now. Husker Nation is more divided than I have ever seen.

Good words, Junior.

The seperation does exist and it worries me a bit. I think the older generation is concerned about character. We give them the benefit of the doubt on that but sometimes their actions speak differently. They most likely have it but it hides behind things like "throat slashing", "zipped lip" and "untouchable security" measures, it all has us on edge. We understand things are going to be different than Dr. Tom, but it doesn't necessarily have to be, especially to this extent. I keep going back to the thread within this sight of people that yearn for the NU / OU annual rivalry to come back. Callahan understood "notta" on the wonderful history of that series and proved it with his actions to those fine people. I don't believe we really had hope for that anyway as they have their rival and it never was us, but we sure don't have a chance at renewing such a magnanimous game like that now. I'm afraid, as well as others, that BC is burning alot of bridges that could haunt us after he's gone. I believe that will happen. If an NFL team comes calling, he'll be gone so quick that the phone call will come from the airplane on his way there. Soul searching during periods of subpar NU seasons(anything less than 12 wins), will always happen. Maybe this discussion is good for Husker Nation.

Good words, Junior.

The seperation does exist and it worries me a bit. I think the older generation is concerned about character. We give them the benefit of the doubt on that but sometimes their actions speak differently. They most likely have it but it hides behind things like "throat slashing", "zipped lip" and "untouchable security" measures, it all has us on edge. We understand things are going to be different than Dr. Tom, but it doesn't necessarily have to be, especially to this extent. I keep going back to the thread within this sight of people that yearn for the NU / OU annual rivalry to come back. Callahan understood "notta" on the wonderful history of that series and proved it with his actions to those fine people. I don't believe we really had hope for that anyway as they have their rival and it never was us, but we sure don't have a chance at renewing such a magnanimous game like that now. I'm afraid, as well as others, that BC is burning alot of bridges that could haunt us after he's gone. I believe that will happen. If an NFL team comes calling, he'll be gone so quick that the phone call will come from the airplane on his way there. Soul searching during periods of subpar NU seasons(anything less than 12 wins), will always happen. Maybe this discussion is good for Husker Nation.

My Christ.

First of all thanks for saying that the "older generation" is the only one concered about character. Why not just tell us all to pull our pants up, get a haircut and wear our hats like ballplayers while you're at it. Your sweeping generaliztions of why this program is crumbling at the seams is borderline insulting.

You do not like tight lipped depts. and coaches. Welcome to sports in the 21st century. This very technology that you are bloviating on is one of the alpha reasons why every successful coach is damn quiet pretty robotic in the press conferences. Its because the very nanosecond something comes out of thier mouth, its on ESPNEWS, these message boards and on recruits text messages by thier direct competitors. College football is a business. Nebraska football is big business. Surely there are propietary emails bandied about in your corporation where you work. (and if you say no, you aren't privvy to them.) Go watch Tiger Woods speak. Or Pete Carroll. Or Urban Meyer. Any of these people dynamic speakers? No, the only entertaining, open coaches are SPurrier, John L Smith, Bob Huggins, Bob Knight and anyone else who are in exile watching their respective game pass them by.

You want the NU/OU rivalry to come back becuase it was magnaminous. Man, I think revisionist history is coming into play there. I seriously doubt that for all those years, the respective students and fans just stod quietly in the stands with thier scarves up over thier necks yelling "boola boola" and then joined for a rousing mixer afterwards. I know better and so do you. Besides, these schools played each other for the past three years and for the majority of fans, it was amicable. I know you are almost breaking your fingers to refer to the "throatslash hillbilly" gestures, but really, aren't those two things really just a product of 24/7 coverage and hype?

Please tell me exactly where these bridges are being burnt. Callahan, like it or not, has the authority to hire and fire whomever he wants with zero consequence from you. Keeping people in the system becuase they have been in the system is a great way to wreck the system. And you have zero proof that BC would take a NFL job if it came calling. Zero.

And no, I have not been in favor of everything Callahan and Pederson have done. That can be found with a simple search of my posts. In fact, I would even say that this team underachived a touch last year. I do believe that 07 will be a watershed, and I am waiting to see what this team can do. As for the AD, well you think he's arrogant and shady. Having been around a few AD's in my life, guess what, they're all arrogant and shady. Its in their job description. They work in chrage of a powerful machine that generates millions of dollars. They didn't get that job by being shy, incompetent and being honest about it.

You say that a subpar Husker season is less than 12 wins. I guarantee you that if this wins that many this year, you will fall over everyone else to embrace it and forget that it might have been done without telling you why some people got kicked off the team in Feb.

Seriously, go read "Diary of a Husker." If anything the people we have in charge now are more demanding and demand more integrity of their players than did those in the past. On Callahan's team, you are kicked off when you f#*k up. You arent given a free pass, you arent suspended for awhile, you are gone. That applies to staff as well as players. Throat slash? seriously? What the hell do you think the Bobfather was yelling at the opposing coaches/players/referees that we dont know about because of there not being any TV? A fiery Irishman like that could probably string out a few phrases that would make you turn green in the face grandpa. If anything, it is the lack of transparancy that that makes it seem more like the world is a worse place to live in, and nothing is as good as it was. Find me an honest and open AD, and I will find you an unemployed one. Who the hell is gonna donate to a program that endorses Frank Solich, who may or may not have had indiscretions involving female employees in the workplace.

I think Pederson should be fired from his position as athletic director and be downgraded to janitor, he has been destroying husker nation since he took over, his contract expires in Jan of 08 but he should be fired before that, I don't know the rules and their might be a penatly or something if we do fire him I dont know, but many donors are withdrawing, I still remember when I was at a b-ball game and he was on the jumbo-tron and everyone in the Devany was booing,Pederson better resign or get fired before he completly destroys husker nation :steam:bang

Sorry, because of your poor grammar and usage I cannot give credibility to you.

I have to disagee also. Firing Solich was the best thing that could of happend. Bringing in good coaches like Callahan, Anderson, and Saddler is proof of his inteligence. I think he has done a great job.

Solich hardly did well as my drivers' ed. teacher at Lincoln Southeast!