Freeman Throws for 500 yards in spring game

9-22 for 44 yards and 2 INTs

Is it horrible of me to delight in Freeman's ineptness at quarterback? Or to wish that Princess's decision to alienate his players and coaches by sticking with Freeman will ultimately cause his demise? When I read those stats, I just get all giddy.

They have to be concerned with NO DEPTH at QB. Besides Freeman they currently only have a walk-on Freshman due to the defections.

I get giddy knowing that, as well. :corndance

I like the way (at least what I heard) they do their game. I believe (again heard on the radio) that they do a players draft....kinda like picking teams on the playground. At least that way it's a little more competition than setting it up for the 1's and 2's to use the 3's, 4's and towel boys as punching bags.

I wasn't there, so I don't know the reason for his bad day. With that said, could it partially had been because of horrible pass protection and not having receivers to throw to? The guy seems to have too much talent to have such a bad game. Therefore, if your line sucks, your receivers sucks, you the QB will suck, too.

I wasn't there, so I don't know the reason for his bad day. With that said, could it partially had been because of horrible pass protection and not having receivers to throw to? The guy seems to have too much talent to have such a bad game. Therefore, if your line sucks, your receivers sucks, you the QB will suck, too.

That game performance was about on bar with all of his games last year, except the Texas game. He threw 3 TDs in that game, and only 3 more in all the other games he played it. Maybe the line and the WRs didnt help him any, but either way, they look to be in trouble on offense, whatever the peticulars may be.

If anyone cares; From a Wildcats perspective, I'll admit he did have a horrible game... It's concerning, but there were quite a few factors that played in. The WR's also had a horrible game. Also, like many spring games, the clock is left to run down until it's inside of 2 minutes where the clock stops and start according to actual rules... so it wasn't even a complete game.

Like someone posted above, we do a draft style to pick the teams... The purple squad (Freemans Team) had our #1 WR #1Te 3 starting Lineman (inc. starting center) and our #4 and our #5 RB. On top of that the white squad’s defense was nearly all #1's on the depth chart.

The white squad never even had to stop the run, as Freeman's team couldn't ever get it going with our crappy RB's. Because of that, all Freeman's WR's were in double coverage all day and every one of his completions were threaded through the a couple defenders. He did however make at least 4 absolutely horrible throws that he should have just tucked away. It was a bad performance that no one will deny... but everyone I went with went in knowing the purple squad was going to lose because the white team had the best running backs and the best Defense.

Freeman's biggest problem right now is skipping through his progressions when he feels any pressure. If he can learn to read some pre-snap D or just tuck it and not lose any yards; he'll be fine. I don't mean to regurgitate Prince's "coach speak" but KSU fans need to remember this guy is a Sophomore, and the mistakes he's making are mistakes that young guys make. He has all the tools - He just needs to put in the work and the reps.

As for depth at QB... It's still not great, but we actually have 1 scholarship Soph. (freeman) 1 scholarship RS Freshman that was a Grey shirt last year until all of our QB losses last year. (Carson Coffman... Chase Coffman's little brother) 1 Junior Juco Transfer (I think is a walk-on Caleb Smith; nothing special) and have 1 incoming freshman that may RS in Tyson Hartman out of Wichita.

At this point Carson Coffman seems to be the only legit backup. But he looks like a guy that could contend for playing time by his Junior/Senior year.

I honestly think we'll be okay this year. We'll have to be if the north can ever get any power back from the South.