SIGNED: DE Cameron Meredith

Now who was it that whined earlier this year that we always lose recruiting battles to OU? It seems like we have done very well on neutral grounds vs. major schools, meaning outside the major schools' home states.

The only bad news is Meredith is only three stars, and that will hurt our overall average. :lol:

Now if we can get those five guys that we have often discussed, plus a dominant WR and Robinson. That perhaps would wrap it up until we get a few decommits.

he and his parents loved the visit, was in town for 2 days, and almost pulled the trigger

unlike TR dad, looks like his parents would be very happy if he came to NU.

my opinion is that he is "N" just hasnt decided to make it official yet, maybe in the next 2 weeks

:clap I hope your right. :clap

took a little longer than 2 weeks but he is N

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:w00t:w00t:woo:woo:worship:worship:thumbs:w00t:w00t:woo

Now who was it that whined earlier this year that we always lose recruiting battles to OU? It seems like we have done very well on neutral grounds vs. major schools, meaning outside the major schools' home states.

The only bad news is Meredith is only three stars, and that will hurt our overall average. :lol:

Now if we can get those five guys that we have often discussed, plus a dominant WR and Robinson. That perhaps would wrap it up until we get a few decommits.

God I hate that word!!!!! :madash

Post details: Cameron Meredith on board

Cameron Meredith on board

The Huskers have locked up another defensive commit, this one coming from California.

Cameron Meredith, 6-foot-5 and 225-pound defensive end, has been committed to Nebraska for a couple weeks but didn't want to make it public until he told other interested schools of his plans.

Oklahoma and Oregon were on his short list. Bill Busch was the main Husker assistant who recruited him.

Last year, Meredith had 60 tackles and eight sacks as a junior for Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei. Taking after me, he benches 310 pounds and squats 400. (OK, that's a little more than I put out.)

Meredith visited Lincoln a few weeks ago not anticipating much of anything. "I mainly went there and didn't think it was going to be that great. Just coming from California, you don't hear much about Nebraska."

That mindset quickly changed. By the time he was going back home to Huntington Beach, California, he knew he was coming to Nebraska.

"Both are really down-to-earth guys," Meredith said of Busch and Husker head coach Bill Callahan. "You can tell they're trying to help kids and not yell at them."

Meredith will be in town with family for the USC game. More on him in a story coming soon.