Breaking News -- Maurice Purify.....

First off , yes I agree cut him loose. dude wont get it right until he gets help with his problem.

Sucks for us, really sucks for him. The sky was the limit for Mo if he kept his sh#t together.

Lets not turn this into a back and fourth name calling episode.

Deal with it, dude has a problem. The Huskers need to try to get him help, cut strings athletically and move on.

agree, couldn't be any plainer than that, game , set, match. we owe him a shot at rehab, but IMHO that is as far as it goes, goodbye MO.

Talk about :flush

This guy was going to be the main target for NFL bound Keller. Mo had the chance to do some really awesome things this upcoming season. Keller has got to be disappointed not having this target for games like USC and Wake Forest...or worse the entire season possibly. He was on the verge of going BIG time if he had a big year with Keller throwing him the ball, which was very likely. His draft stock just plummeted. Dang... :bang:bang:bang

I hope the rest of the WR's really pull together...all of them have the chance to emerge and shine themselves now. Someone will emerge...Keller is too good of a QB to not get excited about as a WR.

This is not the same thing as Lawrence Phillips. Mo may have his problems, and he may no longer deserve to be with the team, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to a criminal.

Yes it is. Drinking and driving is a criminal act that puts innocent people in danger. Drunk drivers are scum.

I don't want a drunk driver on this team. Give him the boot.

And by the way, this is two arrests in just five weeks. Think about that...

I would like to slam Mo with a holier-than-thou rant, but to be honest, I've made the same mistake he did, only I didn't get pulled over so nothing came of it. Thousands of people get on the road every night that are one or two beers over the limit. It's irresponsible (I don't do it anymore, it risks a lot) and dumb, but it's nothing different than what happens on college campuses around the country.

And yes, with two arrests in 5 weeks, he doesnt deserve any help from Callahan. He should have learned his lesson, and now he'll be out of the diversion program and have to face his assault charges. He's in some deep s*it.

Mo I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first time and was happy for your pre-trial diversion decision, but now you go and do something like this. You are a disgrace to the uniform you wore on Saturday's. You let me and thousand of other Husker fans down and tarnished the Nebraska image. I hope for your sake you get some help with your obvious problem and get yourself squared away in life, but I don't care to see you ever wear a Husker uniform again! This football team and college is something I am very passionate about and for me to see one of the players that I rooted for throw their career away and potential away is something I can't tolerate! :madash

if it's suspension, 6 games.

otherwise, off the team.

when a body has cancer, you remove it. the team is like a body--i'd rather have a body with one less arm than be eaten alive from the inside.

I tend to agree....he will get a 6 game suspension or be gone. What an f'n idiot.

slit his fing throat

I hope to god your not serious. That's horrible....absoutely f'n horrible. Yeah lets kill the guy because he screwed up. Makes f'n sense loser.....I hope you get banned you piece of sh*t!

F&cking A. Looks like someone shoved their tampoon up too far today. I guess I forgot the :sarcasm

f%&k%ing relax a bit and just reinsert properly.

A bit over the top with your comments. Bring that to the woodshed. I've given you a small warning up to 10%, you are not banned nor suspended, just use a better choice of words.

Well, Coach Callahan suspended MO indefinitely so MO has probably got one foot out the door as we speak. I think Callahan will at this point just wait until this whole mess plays out in the courts and base his final punishment on the outcome. MO was only arrested on suspicion of DUI so there is a glimmer of hope. With any luck the charges could be dropped.

Well, Coach Callahan suspended MO indefinitely so MO has probably got one foot out the door as we speak. I think Callahan will at this point just wait until this whole mess plays out in the courts and base his final punishment on the outcome. MO was only arrested on suspicion of DUI so there is a glimmer of hope. With any luck the charges could be dropped.

I think you're correct. The indefinite suspension - to my thinking - means that Callahan has set out some specific criteria that Mo has to meet to regain his status with the team. I don't know if the outcome in the courts is one of them, given how long those can take, but it certainly could be. And I suspect that he's going to have to have, and show progress in, some kind of substance abuse or alcohol-related program.

I think you're correct. The indefinite suspension - to my thinking - means that Callahan has set out some specific criteria that Mo has to meet to regain his status with the team. I don't know if the outcome in the courts is one of them, given how long those can take, but it certainly could be. And I suspect that he's going to have to have, and show progress in, some kind of substance abuse or alcohol-related program.

I agree completely. I expect Coach Callahan to use some sort of a carrot and a stick approach. Complete a program along with any other requirements and he's back. I think we need to keep a couple of things in mind. Callahan has to determine what's not only best for the team but what's best for Purify. Part of a head football coach's job is to look out after the players and not just throw them under the bus if they can be helped. If Callahan outright kicks MO off the team he'll be at a lower division school by August, still put up monster numbers, and still get into the NFL. If Callahan keeps MO on the team he can at least ensure he gets some sort of counseling. Besides, at this point MO may not even be looking at a conviction.

Was he charged with a DUI or DWI?

Isn't there a difference?

I believe DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) is used when it is a definite alcohol-related arrest. DUI (Driving Under the Influence) is cited when it is a different substance in the system (drugs).