RB LaMichael James

Sounds like he is pretty high on NU at the moment and says we are currently his leader. He's taking an official to Oregon this weekend.

Rob, why do you say academics might be an issue?

he dropped alittle on his star rating, and on the pay side at scout someone asked if that happened could it be because of grades? and a mods answer was yes it could.

that is why i said that that it MIGHT be an issue.

just because you have a 3.1GPA doesnt mean that the student has the required GPA in the Core Classes. An A in Wood Working, an A in Automotives and a D in Biology adds up to a 3.0, but the D might show some problems passing the ACT or SAT

the above is just an example, and not taken from his transcripts

Cool. thanks.

Sounds like he is pretty high on NU at the moment and says we are currently his leader. He's taking an official to Oregon this weekend.

Define 'spend'. :)

But if you mean legally, then all players are only allowed just a few hundred dollars a month by the NCAA. Oregon may however give better free gear to their athletes, considering the owner of NIKE is just down the road and an alum.

he dropped alittle on his star rating, and on the pay side at scout someone asked if that happened could it be because of grades? and a mods answer was yes it could.

that is why i said that that it MIGHT be an issue.

just because you have a 3.1GPA doesnt mean that the student has the required GPA in the Core Classes. An A in Wood Working, an A in Automotives and a D in Biology adds up to a 3.0, but the D might show some problems passing the ACT or SAT

the above is just an example, and not taken from his transcripts

Makes good sense Rob! Also incase some of you may not realize this...Oregon has signed a 4 star Juco RB Lagarrette Blount (signed LOI) and a 3 star Kenjon Barner also. The thing I am HOPING for is we have not recruited but 1 RB in our class Okafor. With Okafor being a soft verbal I think he will go to Stanford. Just my guess on this. James will want to stay closer to home. I know I am hoping that I am right on all of this! :lol:

FYI NU has Lester Ward coming in for a visit this weekend and is recruiting him as a running back, a position that he wants to play in college

I am not denying that you are correct that NU is recruiting Ward as a RB, but it just doesn't make much sense to me......how many 6'3 RB do you see?.......6'3 190 and runs 4.4 sounds like a great wide-out instead of a low to the ground speedster like James...... and 6'3, 190.....he can't be "thick"......would need to add weight in order to take the pounding inside.....

I am not denying that you are correct that NU is recruiting Ward as a RB, but it just doesn't make much sense to me......how many 6'3 RB do you see?.......6'3 190 and runs 4.4 sounds like a great wide-out instead of a low to the ground speedster like James...... and 6'3, 190.....he can't be "thick"......would need to add weight in order to take the pounding inside.....

In fairness, Darren McFadden is about 6'3".

In fairness, Darren McFadden is about 6'3".

Steven Jackson and Eddie Gearge are both about 6'3" too, but they are both well over 220 lbs. also. He's a bit thin for RB, but if he can bulk up about 25 (at least) it might be enough.

I wasn't denying that he could do it.....just saying he really doesn't fit the prototypical rb mold........ yes, there are always going to be a "few" exceptions to this (McFadden, Jackson, George).........but as people stated, he needs to add about 20-30 pounds............and, the 3 guys you have all mentioned are "freaks of nature"........this kid is a 2* guy, probably not a potential Heisman or All-Pro right out of HS, like the other 3...... His size will be a limitation for at least a yr or 2 at RB.........JMO thought.