RB LaMichael James

i just read the story and it didnt say anything about him committing just that he thought that the Oregon facilities were the best that he had ever seen, and that they are definately in his top three.

i find it hard to believe that Oregon's facilities are better than NU's so who knows. what to think about this kid.

maybe he thinks that the Gawd Awful uni's that Oregon sports are cool

Oregons facilities are not better than Nebraska's, but by no means are Nebraska's head'n'shoulders above everyone elses anymore. They have all caught up. Granted Nebraska is still in the top Ten and probably always will be but, Oregon's facilites are pretty cool, as is the stadium, small but pretty impressive. Plus they have culture out here, you say culture aroud lincoln and eveyone thinks you are talking about something having to do with cows.

Have any of you guys actually seen Oregon's facilities? I played football at Northwestern (Big Ten), and have visited Oregon's campus. I can say they are at least on par with NU's, if not better. Phil Knight (founded of Nike) sinks millions and millions of dollars into their athletic program. In Oregon's locker room, each player has his own recliner and flat-screen TV for watching game film. The entrance to the football complex looks like the lobby at the Waldorf-Astoria, complete with a waterfall.

In addition, all of their equipment is top-of-the-line Nike gear. Because Oregon is one of the few schools in the nation with Nike "Experimental Status," Nike debuts all of their football equipment prototypes at Oregon. For example, Nike developed a cooling/heating system within a player's shoulder pads. On the sideline, the players would hook an hose into their pads and cool/hot air would filter through a system in their pads and regulate their body temperature.

I can understand why kids would choose Oregon if they put a lot of weighting into a school's facilities when deciding. NU does have amazing football facilities, but I don't think any program can match the "wow" factor of Oregon.

I have always heard the same thing about Phil Knight and Oregon. Oregon is supposed to have the best facilities in the country. I live in PAC 10 country and everyone talks about how Knight gives a lot of money to the athletic department to make sure the facilities the best. People who visit Oregon are nothing but amazed when they see their facilities. But, I have never seen them myself.

i just read the story and it didnt say anything about him committing just that he thought that the Oregon facilities were the best that he had ever seen, and that they are definately in his top three.

i find it hard to believe that Oregon's facilities are better than NU's so who knows. what to think about this kid.

maybe he thinks that the Gawd Awful uni's that Oregon sports are cool

Oregons facilities are not better than Nebraska's, but by no means are Nebraska's head'n'shoulders above everyone elses anymore. They have all caught up. Granted Nebraska is still in the top Ten and probably always will be but, Oregon's facilites are pretty cool, as is the stadium, small but pretty impressive. Plus they have culture out here, you say culture aroud lincoln and eveyone thinks you are talking about something having to do with cows.

I live in Oregon and Phil Knight sinks money into that program in a scary way. It is not millions and millions, try hundreds of millions. They are funded like a elephant eats. (constantly, and pentiful) I always wonder where they spend 100 mill, 69 mill, 58mill and i think 130 mill. I'm not completely sure of the amounts but it is close. It is crazy.... Phil owns U of O. I think he sits in his lounge chair and laughs at every game saying.... "can you believe I make them wear those crap uniforms"?

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Have any of you guys actually seen Oregon's facilities? I played football at Northwestern (Big Ten), and have visited Oregon's campus. I can say they are at least on par with NU's, if not better. Phil Knight (founded of Nike) sinks millions and millions of dollars into their athletic program. In Oregon's locker room, each player has his own recliner and flat-screen TV for watching game film. The entrance to the football complex looks like the lobby at the Waldorf-Astoria, complete with a waterfall.

In addition, all of their equipment is top-of-the-line Nike gear. Because Oregon is one of the few schools in the nation with Nike "Experimental Status," Nike debuts all of their football equipment prototypes at Oregon. For example, Nike developed a cooling/heating system within a player's shoulder pads. On the sideline, the players would hook an hose into their pads and cool/hot air would filter through a system in their pads and regulate their body temperature.

I can understand why kids would choose Oregon if they put a lot of weighting into a school's facilities when deciding. NU does have amazing football facilities, but I don't think any program can match the "wow" factor of Oregon.

I have always heard the same thing about Phil Knight and Oregon. Oregon is supposed to have the best facilities in the country. I live in PAC 10 country and everyone talks about how Knight gives a lot of money to the athletic department to make sure the facilities the best. People who visit Oregon are nothing but amazed when they see their facilities. But, I have never seen them myself.

If only Nebraska could get a benefactor like Knight or Pickens at Okie State. Maybe someday...

We'll see if it swayed James.

Uhhhh we have the #3 richest person on the planet living in Omaha Warren Buffett. Makes Phil Knight look like chump change.....and hes a huge Husker fan

I highly doubt Warren Buffet will leave much to Nebraska football. His donations are much more focused on charity organizations. He only left a very small percentage to even his own kids.

Having said that, there were rumors that he paid a significant sum to get Callahan fired, so I don't know...

If only Nebraska could get a benefactor like Knight or Pickens at Okie State. Maybe someday...

Uhhhh we have the #3 richest person on the planet living in Omaha Warren Buffett. Makes Phil Knight look like chump change.....and hes a huge Husker fan

I highly doubt Warren Buffet will leave much to Nebraska football. His donations are much more focused on charity organizations. He only left a very small percentage to even his own kids.

Having said that, there were rumors that he paid a significant sum to get Callahan fired, so I don't know...

Unless I missed something these past few days, Buffet aint dead yet so how do we know how much he left for his kids? :dunno

Unless I missed something these past few days, Buffet aint dead yet so how do we know how much he left for his kids? :dunno

He made it public a few years ago that something like 95% of his estate is being given to the Gates Foundation.

He made it public a few years ago that something like 95% of his estate is being given to the Gates Foundation.

I believe the exact number was 83% to the Gates Foundation. Who know's if he will leave any to the athletic department, although I'm sure he will leave a good chunk to the University. Quick math whats 4% of 53 BILLION dollars?

Ahh ok!