Ignoring Kirk

IMO you should do the exact opposite. The louder, more excited we are the better, even if it is Kirky the turkey. Here's why. Like it or not it's national TV, kids from across the country hear how great it is in Lincoln to play ball, how we follow it and what kind of fans we are. Those same kids will not have a clue as to why it is dead silent but they will wonder what all the hype is about Nebraska, the fans and playing there if it is dead silent. The best way to shut Kirkyboy up is to be as loud as possible and to make everyone see how great it is to be a football player at Nebraska. Maybe by doing so you won't turn off a potential heisman trophy winner who then ends up going to a different school. Winning will shut the guy up, nothing less and nothing more.

agreed, like I said in the thread about the signs, Gameday is a big deal , a lot of media attention when recuirts see it they usually like that the school is getting the attention, if we do this ESPN probably won't want to come back, and even possibly drop some tv coverage. So ask your self what is better watching the team play and getting top recuirts or making fun of ESPN, I strongly urge everyone to be loud and proud and wearing red, don't make signs making fun of espn, yelling that they suck, or pulling up newspapers when Kirk talks

so your telling me, that a High School senior WONT come to Nebraska because of an elaborate prank the students pulled on Gameday? that had absolutely NO disrespect involved at all?

im pretty big on showing class and respect, but this is just brilliant. absolutely perfect.

:bonez

Personally I don't like the idea, this is TV, even though it will be awesome for those of us that are there, no one is going to make ESPN show the fans when we are doing this. My guess is they'll go close in on Kirk's face when he talks as not to show us. That way on TV it will just seem like everyone is going quiet to hear what Kirk is saying. I say we are so loud we have to make Kirk yell, I've seen it on other telecasts, I think that would represent us better. JMO

The only problem is most people will not understand it. Will not even know it is going on and will have no clue why we are doing it if they get the idea.

Show respect to the Hosts, make them understand we are the greatest fans in college football.

We win the game, the respect will follow.

I have nothing against the idea, but I doubt it will come off no matter how hard you work to get it done. There could be 3,000 people there for it.

I understand it would be hilarious to US, but most would only wonder what was going on.

Nebraska fans will still be the best fans in the world because of the saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". I'm sure some of what Herbstreet will have to say will be for a reaction from the crowd. It would be brilliant to have no crowd reaction.

I know a guy at work who is going to the game, and I told him about the "silent treatment" for Herbstreet. I think you should spread the word as people are gathering.

Too bad there isn't some kind of silent backing you could do for the Huskers like wave the blackshirts towel or something just so it doesn't sound like you're intently listening to him talk.

Maybe some people should bring some stereos in cranked up with crickets chirping as Herbstreet is talking.

I don't know. I hear very few other fans complaining about ESPN like we seem to. I know he had the hissy fit about the 95-71 team. But overall he has been fair with us I think. It all boils down to winning the games. We win, we will earn respect. Right now we have not earned any respect with a victory over Nevada. Two straight losses prior. Hard to get on the bandwagon with those results.

Again we need to look at how things are, not how we want them to be. WE are not a powerhouse of college football, we have a history, but our latest history is far from imposing.

Just look at the comments about FSU some on here are making, the same is being said by most fans about Nebraska. Show it on the field, if it is done there, then we will have reason to complain, right now we get just what we deserve.

I don't know. I hear very few other fans complaining about ESPN like we seem to.

What neck of woods are you in? Folks around here were pretty fired up about ESPN in 2002. And just the other day my wife, an Ohio State fan, said she didn't like Herbstreit and didn't consider him a real Buckeye.

Anyway, I have often seen GameDays where the fans boo when one of the commentators is talking. It's all part of the show. And I don't think it will be too hard for anyone to figure out what's going on if 10,000 newspapers raise up every time they cut to Herbstreit.

The group is over 300 people now, and has over 1000 people who have invites. People keep sending them out, and this could actually be done. It's on other message boards as well. Make sure you continue to tell people about it. It's a harmless stunt. We're having a little fun. It's better than yelling profanities at him the whole time imo. And it will definately get some laughs. GBR.

I know, let's have a 'B******', too!

Mmm...nevermind.

I actually kind of like the idea, but don't know how much good it would do, like someone said, ESPN cameras could spin this any way they wanted. And keep in mind that the USC fans that will show up for this will be cheering and yelling when Kirk heaps praise on USC, and if NU fans are silent? How's that going to look? Or sound, I should say.

Just my .02

That is a GREAT idea. Show him that we dont give a sh#t what he says.

I have to disagree there. It pretty much shows we really do care what he says and don't like it. If Husker fans didn't care, there would be no reaction to his words and nothing like this would be attempted.

I think it's a good idea, but it's one of those all or nothing things. If a lot of people end up doing it, it'll be cool...if just a scattered few, it'll be lame.

I disagree with you on the message it would send but agree that if just a couple people do it , it would be lame.

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs