PUD IS FIRED AND CALLY RESIGNING!!!!

Was it just me or did I see Bo Ruud and Zack Bowman on the sideline before the tunnel walk this weekend? While watching the broadcast before the tunnel walk Bo Ruud and Zack Bowman were on the sideline with pads and everything walking through the people. I was hoping it was just something the broadcast showed from earlier or something. We all emediately thought WTH???? Then the Coach waved the players on and did not lead the team out. Our thoughts were WOW this isn't good. I was just wondering if anyone esle had seen that too.

They are captains. Sometimes some of the captains are out there for a meeting with officials during the time other things are going on. Sometimes Callahan waves em on, sometmes he runs out front of them. I wouldn't take anything from this.

So I have a question you all might be able to answer. If Perlman knew there was questions with Puds leadership and no one likeing him in Aug/Sept then why extend the idiots contract?? Doesnt make sense if you might have issues to make them worse to cost the U more money..

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I HEARD HIM SAY THAT!!!!! Thought maybe I was the only one who caught it. EXCELLENT QUESTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!

I must have read that the wrong way...I took it to mean Pederson did things in Aug/Sept that were really sketchy.

Actually he alluded that it all started back in July. THAT is what makes me question why he approve Pud and Cally getting an extension.

I too heard and caught that, and a reporter asked Pearlman that question.

His answer was that there were several people who had problems with Pederson stemming from July but were too afraid to speak up/out until the football team was bombshelling also when the main fund raiser guy left along with several other very qualified staff members left without Pederson trying to retain them left a very ugly mark on the program

How about a different BP... Bobby Patrino. If I was him I'd be looking for my first chance out of Atlanta.

I have heard Petrino would leave also if given a great college team.....Like Michigan, or LSU if Miles leaves. he will demand $4MIL/year. Out of our league.

Why is it out of our league? How is Alabama able to pay their coach 3.5 mil/year? How is Oklahoma able to pay their coach 3.5 mil/year? The markets are similar, aren't they?

By the way, who do you think is an interesting candidate? Who do you think would fit in at Nebraska?

I think we could pay that amount but we won't. I know we can afford it....but will they pay??? I just don't think they will when the boosters LOVE the idea of an in house guy or someone around 2.5 MIL. If I had a wish list I would get

Jeff Tedford (yes he would leave trust me)

Greg Schiano who can recruit FL

Bo Pelini and a good OC

Brian Kelly

I do like the idea of bringing in other NU coaches for position coaches. I would like to see someone like Dirk Koetter for OC but that is a demotion.

Thoughts on this......don't bash this is purely based on curiosity....

What if we brought in former coach either NFL or college to be more like a team manager/recruiter and we got passionate coordinators. Examples:

Marty Shot

Dick Vermiel

Dan Reeves

Dennis Erickson

Rich Brooks

Mike Riley

Dennis Green was a good college coach

Dick Tomey is 4th winning current coach and has turned around HI, AZ, and now San Jose Sr. He is a great recruiter and team manager. His teams play above their talent....but I am biased.

I would like to see Jack Del Rio or Gruden if they ever wanted to come to college.

I know we did an NFL guy before but a lot on this list were/are good in college. Just curious of your thoughts. This are very different from Cally who controls his offense where these guys will pass it off to coordinators. We could have Gil as OC and maybe Ron Rivera, Dave McInnis as DC. Curious of your thoughts??? It would allow one of the Coordinators to step in as Head Coach in 3-5 years.

Very intriguing picks, IBR.

I liked Koetter's Offenses, but still confused about how he handled the Keller thing.

And the "instant success" (relative) that an unknown like Ken Whisenhunt has had with the Cardinals makes me hopeful the there are a few more like him out there.

I'd pass on a Mercenary like Dennis Erickson..We don't need NCAA sanctions in 4 years.

How about a different BP... Bobby Patrino. If I was him I'd be looking for my first chance out of Atlanta.

I have heard Petrino would leave also if given a great college team.....Like Michigan, or LSU if Miles leaves. he will demand $4MIL/year. Out of our league.

If the boosters come up with $40 mil to run Pederson and Callahan out of town then they won't have any trouble coming up with 3.5-4 million to get the right guy.

Personally, I'm on the Pellini bandwagon. Should have been the coach in the first place!

SUPERBUNNY

So I have a question you all might be able to answer. If Perlman knew there was questions with Puds leadership and no one likeing him in Aug/Sept then why extend the idiots contract?? Doesnt make sense if you might have issues to make them worse to cost the U more money..

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I HEARD HIM SAY THAT!!!!! Thought maybe I was the only one who caught it. EXCELLENT QUESTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!

I must have read that the wrong way...I took it to mean Pederson did things in Aug/Sept that were really sketchy.

Actually he alluded that it all started back in July. THAT is what makes me question why he approve Pud and Cally getting an extension.

His answer was that there were several people who had problems with Pederson stemming from July but were too afraid to speak up/out until the football team was bombshelling also when the main fund raiser guy left along with several other very qualified staff members left without Pederson trying to retain them left a very ugly mark on the program

All this garbage about Perlman saying the decision to fire Pud was made last week before the game and that there were issues back in July is a bunch of cover up talk. There is no way Pud extension would have gone through if there was a possibility of having to fire the a*hole. The decision to fire Pud came at 2:30 10/13/07. When that game ended and the boosters were pissed Perlman had to do something immediatly.

Just so everyone understands, the west coast offense is a run first based offense. We at Nebraska never saw what the WCO is supposed to look like. Watch Mike Shannahan and the Denver Broncos sometime. They run the WCO and they have been at the top of the NFL in rushing for the last 10 years. Bo Pelini might want a little more of a fullback power driven running game, but Watson could incorporate that into his style of offense.

Not to be harsh but are you a DELETED? The West Coast is the exact opposite! Medium Secondary passes stretch the backfield to open up running lanes. Jeeeez....and you call yourself a Husker? You should be ashamed :clap

EDIT: Do not call other posters names. Rawhide

Input: I did not call him a name. I asked if he was one and by the smiley at the end of the post it was all in good fun. Jeez....stop being so anal.

:yeah

The popular term "West Coast Offense" is more of a philosophy and an approach to the game than it is a set of plays or formations. Traditional offensive thinking argues that a team must establish their running game first, which will draw the defense in and open up vertical passing lanes downfield (i.e., passing lanes that run perpendicular to the line of scrimmage).

Bill Walsh's West Coast Offense, however, differs from traditional offense by instead emphasizing a short, horizontal passing attack to help stretch the defense out, thus opening up running lanes. The West Coast Offense as implemented under Walsh features precisely-run pass patterns by the receivers that make up about 65% to 80% of the offensive scheme. With the defense stretched out, the offense is then free to focus the remaining plays on longer throws (more than 14 yards) and mid to long yard rushes.

All this garbage about Perlman saying the decision to fire Pud was made last week before the game and that there were issues back in July is a bunch of cover up talk. There is no way Pud extension would have gone through if there was a possibility of having to fire the a*hole. The decision to fire Pud came at 2:30 10/13/07. When that game ended and the boosters were pissed Perlman had to do something immediatly.

I think there was uneasiness when the boos flew against USC, and we took a complete a total beatdown in one of the games that was to be a measuring stick for how the program was doing. Then came the meltdown of the D against Ball State. I'm sure boosters were calling Perlman. Then the game against Mizzou where everyone but the team showed up. Finally, Homecoming. When was the last time we lost Homecoming by the way? IMO, if we beat Okie State and win convincingly there never would have been a press conference. I think the final decision was made Saturday after the game, but I think the path to Pud's firing started against USC and just was continually cemented by BC's grand performance each Saturday after that!

I may have misunderstood what Perlman said yesterday, that is quite possible.. but I didn't hear him say that the decision was made last July.. i heard that the way he did business and treated everyone was brought into question.. and honestly, he has ALWAYS treated people like garbage.. its the way he is.. Perlman said the decision was made at some point thursday before the Okie State game... and that it was confirmed in a meeting before the game... not saying i agree with his choices, because i think pederson should never have gotten an extension and should of been out long before he was.. i do know he said that there were 2 people that submitted reviews of pederson.. one positive and one negative.. according to perlman..

Since everyone wants to really know what is going on here it is. I cannot reveal my sources but I have always stated that I have connections and my bitching was going to help. Here are the facts:

Peterson is fired

Tom Osborne is interim AD

Cally will resign within 2 weeks, probably after TX

They are trying to get Bo Pelini

Cook and Buffet said point blank money stops if changes aren't made.

THIS IS FROM THE SOURCE WHO WAS ACTUALLY IN THE MEETING!!!!

Cally also made this announcement to some of his staff and players.

I hate to doubt, because most of what you said is correct. However with the temper tantrum Cook had yesterday it seems like the opposite was said. Maybe your source misunderstood and he heard Cook say money stops if changes ARE made, i dont know.

As much as I like Pelini, Im find it hard to believe that Cally is gone before the season is over. Im guessing he will be around next year, but with a slightly different staff. Maybe Watson having more involvement calling plays or something. However if the job is open I think Pelini is our best choice!

Since everyone wants to really know what is going on here it is. I cannot reveal my sources but I have always stated that I have connections and my bitching was going to help. Here are the facts:

Peterson is fired

Tom Osborne is interim AD

Cally will resign within 2 weeks, probably after TX

They are trying to get Bo Pelini

Cook and Buffet said point blank money stops if changes aren't made.

THIS IS FROM THE SOURCE WHO WAS ACTUALLY IN THE MEETING!!!!

Cally also made this announcement to some of his staff and players.

I hate to doubt, because most of what you said is correct. However with the temper tantrum Cook had yesterday it seems like the opposite was said. Maybe your source misunderstood and he heard Cook say money stops if changes ARE made, i dont know.

As much as I like Pelini, Im find it hard to believe that Cally is gone before the season is over. Im guessing he will be around next year, but with a slightly different staff. Maybe Watson having more involvement calling plays or something. However if the job is open I think Pelini is our best choice!

I clarified later yesterday and said my source stated Cook said he "would not give any money to NU" I assumed he meant if changes weren't made, not if they were. I didn't take Cook for a moron! It was my mistake but the source was accurate.