Head Coach Wish List

rkhufu7

I guess I'll ask...what has Buddy Wyatt and Shawn Watson done to merit their retention? What has Randy Jordan done to get replaced?

Now you've got to give these two a huge break. Buddy Wyatt for example this is his first year at Nebraska and he's stuck with a rebuilding D-line and he's a great recruiter. Just read some background history on this guy from Alabama and what he's done with Alabamas defense in the past.

Shawn Watson called his first play calling this previous saturday. Shawn Watson is a guy who has a lot of Nebraska fans pointing fingers saying "Hey this guy should be calling the plays not Billy C." Remember Shawn Watson was the guy calling the plays for Colorado when they beat our ass 62-36.

I can't see Mullen from Florida. UNLV snatched-up Urban's OC at Utah and they have gone nowhere. The guy at Bowling Green has done OK, but certainly not well enough for us to be seriously looking.

I like the spread option a lot but don't want us to make a stretch just so we can hire a guy with experience in it. The offenses at BG, Utah, and Florida worked because they had Urban freaking Meyer as HC running the show.

If we are that determined to run spread-option we'd be better-off with Paul Johnson. He wants to run that system anyway, he just doesn't have the dual-threat qb and wr's. I'd say he has a better offensive mind than Mullen and would quickly become proficient. What about Chris Peterson? Dude has run an awesome offense in Boise that uses some spread. Hell if you want to go with a guy with a proven offense how about Norm Chow. Dude has been money for a couple decades.

If I were to take anyone from Florida it would be Strong, but I'd put him after Bo or Foster and about even with Muschamp.

Come next year this would be a really good coaching staff and I would like some insight to this list or if you guys have any others in mind.

Bo Pelini: Head Coach

Mike Stoops: Defensive Coordinator

Shawn Watson: Offensive Coordinator

Will Shields: O-line Coach

Tom Rathman: Running Back Coach

Scott Frost or Tunner Gill or Zac Taylor :): Quarterback Coach

Buddy Wyatt: Defensive Line Coach or Recruiting Coordinator :)

I agree one hundred percent with your list, save for the two additions. ;)

Would he be as good in nebraska as he is there. I think it has to be a lot easier to recruit from your own back yard and keep those kids there. Could he draw those kids up here and would he have the same success.

I personally think a good coach and recruiter could do it and I think he could what does everyone else think.

I don't know anything about him other than what I saw during the Rutgers game. During that game, I thought he had a bit too much "fire" (yelling at players, etc.). Maybe he isn't always like that.

I have been a Pelini fan all along. I thought we should have made him head coach instead of Callahan. He has a lot of emotion, but I don't remember seeing him yelling at the players a lot. Somehow, he gets the players pumped up to play.

Would he be as good in nebraska as he is there. I think it has to be a lot easier to recruit from your own back yard and keep those kids there. Could he draw those kids up here and would he have the same success.

I personally think a good coach and recruiter could do it and I think he could what does everyone else think.

Not to mention he plays in a weak Big East conference. Why leave that if you have the ability to win it almost every year. :)

My first choice is Bo, but Leavitt would be a good one. He obviously knows tons of people in Florida which would be great for recruiting.

Some say they can't see him leaving SF, but don't you think he would be very intrigued if Nebraska comes calling?

Leavett is in a much better position at South Florida. He would be foolish to consider Nebraska. And, if he has some major success at SF in the next few years, then perhaps a major program will come calling. In other words, I'd expect Leavett to stay and see what happens there and wait out for something better. He does not need to settle for Nebraska now.

I don't know anything about him other than what I saw during the Rutgers game. During that game, I thought he had a bit too much "fire" (yelling at players, etc.). Maybe he isn't always like that.

I have been a Pelini fan all along. I thought we should have made him head coach instead of Callahan. He has a lot of emotion, but I don't remember seeing him yelling at the players a lot. Somehow, he gets the players pumped up to play.

If you're referring to the incident that I think your referring to, I think it looked like Leavitt was venting his frustration over a bad call by the refs instead of yelling at his players. Either way, someone with that kind of fire would be great at Nebraska. I'd love to get Bo Pelini too, but right now Jim Leavitt is #1 on my list.