Head Coach Wish List

rkhufu7

Bo Pelini has the best shot at being the next HC at Nebraska. TO really like's his passion and desire for the game. I know some feel that if he's very successful as a HC he would then bolt for the pros. Although that would suck, this is more and more the norm. If you all want a HC that won't bolt for the pro's if we get back to a national powerhouse, then you are going to want Turner Gill as HC. He'll be good, but I have a feeling it may take him awhile to get us back to the pinncale. Whereas Bo I feel would get us there quicker. :)

Navy can not recruit ANYONE over 6'3" or else they won't fit on the submarines. So he is strapped by that and the thought of,"Hey, come play football for Navy and you might get to go to war, literally." Although I think the kids that go to Navy might have more drive and work ethic instilled in them since they are at a military academy and that helps them in how they play week in and week out that other schools don't get from players.

Check out Paul Johnson's bio:

http://navysports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...son_paul00.html

This is an interesting quote:

Johnson was Navy's offensive coordinator in 1995 and 1996 and his spread offense made an immediate impact, breaking five school records during the Mids' five-win season in 1995, equaling the most wins by a Navy team since 1990.

Johnson may not be a lock to run the option. He also was the HC at Georgia Southern when they had an absolutely dominating team.

If Leavitt leaves USF for here, dont plan on another florida player ever coming to the state of Nebraska. He would be demonized. I just dont see Leavitt leaving USF after building that program up and having his first year of real success, why wouldnt he stay and ride the wave. It would be dumb for him to leave that place even for a bunch of money. He is revered at USF, if he comes here and struggles, we will chew him up and spit him out within 3 or 4 years. Getting a good coach to come here is going to be very difficult because of the expectations.

My first choice is Bo, but Leavitt would be a good one. He obviously knows tons of people in Florida which would be great for recruiting.

Some say they can't see him leaving SF, but don't you think he would be very intrigued if Nebraska comes calling?

Why? He's the highest ranked Florida school this year. He'll have recruits eating out of the palm of his hand especially when the top recruits won't have as many high profile people in front of them to play. The only reason he might be intrigued would be some fostered hatred towards NU when he was an assistant for Snyder at KState. He's making over 1 million bucks down there now, and I believe they're getting a new stadium. His future looks very very bright down there. I also highly doubt the expectations are as high as here considering he built the program from the floor up. Programs, people, etc. don't fire the pioneer of their program. I would highly doubt he'd ever want to leave the program no matter who came calling!

If Leavitt leaves USF for here, dont plan on another florida player ever coming to the state of Nebraska. He would be demonized. I just dont see Leavitt leaving USF after building that program up and having his first year of real success, why wouldnt he stay and ride the wave. It would be dumb for him to leave that place even for a bunch of money. He is revered at USF, if he comes here and struggles, we will chew him up and spit him out within 3 or 4 years. Getting a good coach to come here is going to be very difficult because of the expectations.

I wouldn't underestimate the $$$....he can't be making much at USF and I'm sure they don't have the budget to pay him much more....and he knows even if he gets chewed up and spit out he could still have a huge payday a la BC...