Head Coach Wish List

rkhufu7

My first choice is Bo, but Leavitt would be a good one. He obviously knows tons of people in Florida which would be great for recruiting.

Some say they can't see him leaving SF, but don't you think he would be very intrigued if Nebraska comes calling?

He's making over 1 million bucks down there now, and I believe they're getting a new stadium. His future looks very very bright down there.

I stand corrected

Anyone think that Nebraska could possibly get Bobby Petrino to take over next season? The guy got into a mess in Atlanta with a very bleak future ahead for the franchise. I think he would jump at the chance to get out of there before his career takes a hit, as the Falcons are in bad shape.

Anyone think that Nebraska could possibly get Bobby Petrino to take over next season? The guy got into a mess in Atlanta with a very bleak future ahead for the franchise. I think he would jump at the chance to get out of there before his career takes a hit, as the Falcons are in bad shape.

No more NFL coaches...please!?!?

Johnson's name came up on the message boards down here in a lot of discussions last year during the Alabama search. He's not necessarily my favorite pick, but I don't think he'd be a bad choice either. One thing I remember reading several times last year is that he's not a dedicated option guy. He installed the option at Navy because it was the best offense for the talent he had. In earlier jobs, he's done the same. For those concerned (or hopeful) that he'd reinstate the option here, don't be so quick to assume so.

No more NFL coaches...please!?!?

Petrino........an NFL coach. I thought this was his first year in the pros??? Didnt he coach at Louisville??

Lets see, Leavitt is getting $1 million per year. Lets pay him twice that much & he'll come here for sure.

He turned down an offer from Alabama that would have tripled his salary a few years ago. This was before USF became the "next big thing." He's thoroughly committed to USF. He's built the program from nothing, and it's a part of him now. I don't think there's a team in the country that could get him away from there. He signed this current contract in response to the Alabama offer, and could have gotten more money out of USF, but he didn't. It's not all about money for him.

You shared that you felt Bo Pelini would get us back to the pinacle faster than Turner Gil. Could I ask why you feel that way? Just curious.

TSL2

Bo Pelini has the best shot at being the next HC at Nebraska. TO really like's his passion and desire for the game. I know some feel that if he's very successful as a HC he would then bolt for the pros. Although that would suck, this is more and more the norm. If you all want a HC that won't bolt for the pro's if we get back to a national powerhouse, then you are going to want Turner Gill as HC. He'll be good, but I have a feeling it may take him awhile to get us back to the pinncale. Whereas Bo I feel would get us there quicker. :)