Any way of finding out what big schools have turned down the Huskers for non-conference games? I remember we used to play Alabama, Penn State, and Michigan.

If Jordans gone, Lucky is prolly now gone.... hopefully not, but who knows I hope Lucky stays around he could really benefit.

Have to agree. As I recall - and I may not be remembering correctly - but wasn't it Jordan who formed a strong bond with Lucky, particularly during that time he was in the hospital? I seem to recall an article where relatives or friends of Lucky stated that he was wanting to leave, but that the relationship he developed with Jordan is what turned things around.

Not trying to knock Jordan down, but I think the talent at RB is amazing. And these guys just do not recognize a cutback if the hole was 10 feet wide. Plus, not much leg emphasis in order to pile drive ahead & break open field tackles. He's a good guy, but a new coach might bring in a different perspective.

I played a little RB, and I must say that you don't teach RB's to find a hole. Finding the hole is more of an instinctive trait than a learned one. Good pure runners have the instincts to find the hole, and I don't think you can teach that. Most of the people getting on Lucky got on him because he was hesitant. I'm not so sure this was the case rather I believe he was actually waiting for a hole to develop. It would be really interesting to see what he could do behind an OL that could actually create a hole to run through. He looked really good in the Nevada game when the OL was able to open some holes.

It'd be kind of dumb, IMO, for Lucky to leave for the draft now. I don't know what he is being told, but I don't think his draft stock is really high.

If he wanted to transfer, he'd have to want to leave pretty bad IMO

Well I think we can all guess what he's being told. Agents are some of the biggest liars and hope sellers out there. I'm sure he's being told he'll go somewhere in the top 2 rounds and that he's got millions waiting for him.

Not trying to knock Jordan down, but I think the talent at RB is amazing. And these guys just do not recognize a cutback if the hole was 10 feet wide. Plus, not much leg emphasis in order to pile drive ahead & break open field tackles. He's a good guy, but a new coach might bring in a different perspective.

I played a little RB, and I must say that you don't teach RB's to find a hole. Finding the hole is more of an instinctive trait than a learned one. Good pure runners have the instincts to find the hole, and I don't think you can teach that. Most of the people getting on Lucky got on him because he was hesitant. I'm not so sure this was the case rather I believe he was actually waiting for a hole to develop. It would be really interesting to see what he could do behind an OL that could actually create a hole to run through. He looked really good in the Nevada game when the OL was able to open some holes.

i would look good running against Nevada!

It'd be kind of dumb, IMO, for Lucky to leave for the draft now. I don't know what he is being told, but I don't think his draft stock is really high.

If he wanted to transfer, he'd have to want to leave pretty bad IMO

Well I think we can all guess what he's being told. Agents are some of the biggest liars and hope sellers out there. I'm sure he's being told he'll go somewhere in the top 2 rounds and that he's got millions waiting for him.

Could be. Some agents are right, some aren't. I think the one that was working with Brandon Jackson was pretty much right on.

Could be. Some agents are right, some aren't. I think the one that was working with Brandon Jackson was pretty much right on.

I agree, but this year's draft at the RB position seems to be a lot deeper than when BJ opted to go pro. IMO, Lucky is caught between a rock and a hard spot. If he goes pro, he could dip into some lower rounds. If he stays, there's nothing saying his stock will be any higher next year if we go to more of a power running game using Castille a lot more. I still believe he could be used in the same manner as Reggie Bush with Castille being like White. We shall see what happens.

The Lincoln Journal Star says Shawn Simms has also interviewed for the RB coach position: link

The Journal Star learned Monday that Randy Jordan will not return as Nebraska’s running backs coach.

Two sources say Nebraska has interviewed at least one potential replacement, Shawn Simms, a former assistant at both Colorado and Iowa State.

The 44-year-old Simms was actually coach of the outside linebackers at Iowa State in 2006, working alongside Barney Cotton, who just joined Pelini’s staff.

Before that, Simms coached running backs at Colorado for three years, working with Shawn Watson, who is NU’s offensive coordinator.

Among the running backs Simms coached at CU was Bobby Purify, nephew of NU receiver Maurice Purify.

I agree, but this year's draft at the RB position seems to be a lot deeper than when BJ opted to go pro. IMO, Lucky is caught between a rock and a hard spot. If he goes pro, he could dip into some lower rounds. If he stays, there's nothing saying his stock will be any higher next year if we go to more of a power running game using Castille a lot more. I still believe he could be used in the same manner as Reggie Bush with Castille being like White. We shall see what happens.

if he stays, we would be crazy not to feature him out in space more often. he can make plays in the open field, just needs some plays written for him to get the ball out in the flats.

I'm not sure you understood my point. You follow the play, absolutely, but when you are staring at your guard and tackle getting pushed back, you dont run into them. They do teach you to cut back if there is a seam. RBs do have the instinct to do that.

So if the previous method was to wait for something to develop no matter what, stick with the play, then that's the reason why. I know this offense was more about mechanics, technique, and execution. So maybe things will loosen up for these guys a little more with a new perspective.

A lot of coaches will say "If nothing is there & you see a hole on the weak side, hit it."

If I remember correct wasent the reason Jackson left early for the NFL because this years RB crop was deep?? I wouldnt mind seeing ML be the primary back this year have a break out year which will boost his stock for next year, but the guy has to do what he feels is best so whatever he chooses we will be happy for him...