McKeon says, they changed the defense this year

huskerhaze

I still say that some are going to be shocked at how many players off this team do get drafted. We had the talent, but we just didn't know what to do with it.

:yeah I 100% agree.

well, the first mock drafts are coming out. I don't see ANY huskers in the first two rounds....

I don't think any of them are going to be in mock drafts this early because none of them had outstanding seasons. It will take some all star games and NFL combines to get their stock up.

Well, maybe if he would have just backed up his mouth when he shot it off at the Brass Rail the defense wouldn't have been so bad this year. I see this guy going absolutely no where. He will not make a final roster on any pro team, he lacks not only the skills and size needed, but he lacks a good attitude.

In short, time to grow up young man.

From http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...chool-headlines speaking with Corey McKeon.

"I definitely didn't play as well as a senior as I would have liked and I wasn't satisfied with it at all," McKeon said. "They changed the defense on us this year and we maybe got overworked a little in the spring and summer. Everyone had a lot invested in this season and as we started to falter, guys kind of caved in a little."

Imagine that...the info begins to leak out. Just a minor thing..."changed the defense." :bang

Do you think Cosgrove could've gotten a clue as to how that change was working after the USC or Ball State game? Nope, he couldn't have because up until the 65 points that Colorado hung on his defense, we were still playing it. Man those coaches were arrogant.

I still say that some are going to be shocked at how many players off this team do get drafted. We had the talent, but we just didn't know what to do with it.

well, the first mock drafts are coming out. I don't see ANY huskers in the first two rounds....

I don't think any of them are going to be in mock drafts this early because none of them had outstanding seasons. It will take some all star games and NFL combines to get their stock up.

yeah, he was probably holding back during the season to rest up for the combines..... <_<

:yeah I think there will be more than we think. Didn't show it on the field much, but just have to wonder how much the coaching had to do with it.

GBR!!!

He signed on with an agency for the draft, so I'm guessing they are prepping or coaching him what to say during interviews and how to explain this or that. Sounds like it to me anyway.

I wish him the best. He's going to need more than that to make it past the cuts in the NFL though. Just keeping it real.

"It's unfortunate but I gave it my all and so did all of my teammates," said McKeon,

I have a hard time believing that.

One play that sticks out in my mind was against Oklahoma State... where he had the perfect opportunity to level a receiver running down the sideline, and instead, decided to push him as if he were riding a swing and the guy ended up scoring...

Good luck, Corey. <_<

there was talent on the D, it just was under used.

corey is a perfect example. he could have been a monster, but for the most part he as pretty passive. he didn't seem like he was motivated and coaches didn't seem interested in motivating anyone.

this is why bo is here now. osborne one look at this team and knew where the work was needed.

hopefully, order will be resorted next season.