If it's true, the guy certainly would be familiar with the spread option, helping Watson make the transition...

this makes a lot of sense to me, since Bo was quoted as to saying that his offense will be a spread, like florida's.... but better.

i'm not saying there's going to be spread this year, but over the next few years.

Unless he just likes Bo that much I don't see why this guy would be coming. Would he be getting "running-game coordinator' designation and/or be a future replacement for Watson?

If it is this Drayton why can't he be named now? Florida isn't playing for high stakes and they'd beat Mich with Elmer Fudd at rb-coach. At this point I can see him finishing the bowl. The dead-period is going anyway. But why the secrecy?

If it is the guy from Florida, is he really that good as a coach? When was the last time Florida had a good running back?

DeShawn Wynn was good. He averaged 4.7 and 4.8 ypc in 2005 and 2006. One thing I like about Florida's running game is they always mix in a lot of runners instead of just one feature back. Wynn was the starter in 06 and still only averaged about 10 carries per game.

I definitely think one thing Nebraska should do is get away from this one feature back idea. Don't get me wrong, I believe Lucky is our best running back, but as deep as we are at the position we should be spreading the carries around a little more.

I also wonder what role Stan Drayton has played in coaching Percy Harvin. He's technically a wide receiver but he gets so many rushing attempts in that system it stands to reason that Drayton has played some role in developing him.

If it is the guy from Florida, is he really that good as a coach? When was the last time Florida had a good running back?

DeShawn Wynn was good. He averaged 4.7 and 4.8 ypc in 2005 and 2006. One thing I like about Florida's running game is they always mix in a lot of runners instead of just one feature back. Wynn was the starter in 06 and still only averaged about 10 carries per game.

I definitely think one thing Nebraska should do is get away from this one feature back idea. Don't get me wrong, I believe Lucky is our best running back, but as deep as we are at the position we should be spreading the carries around a little more.

I also wonder what role Stan Drayton has played in coaching Percy Harvin. He's technically a wide receiver but he gets so many rushing attempts in that system it stands to reason that Drayton has played some role in developing him.

That's is exactly what you don't want to happen is to keep changing Rb therefore no one is getting in a rhythm. If you keep putting certain players in for certain plays it a huge help to prepare defenses for certain situations of what kind of play will come. Nothing more irritating then watching a Rb having what looks like a good day then to be replaced because the other backs need their carries.