WR Troy Williams

He's been in Auburn enough years, post-Katrina, to get his grades and credits in order if he was capable. Probably an academic project. Definitely above average athletically for small-town Nebraska. D-1 level? I don't know. He will get an honest look from Pelini's staff.

agree, can't believe the academic levels at Auburn are too terribly high??

based on?

based on a small town in se Nebraska. how high do you think the academic standards are in small town rural community?

:wtf

rural area = inferior academic standards? what a joke

My thoughts exactly! I guess he thinks the inner city shools are much to smart for the country folk! :lame

He's been in Auburn enough years, post-Katrina, to get his grades and credits in order if he was capable. Probably an academic project. Definitely above average athletically for small-town Nebraska. D-1 level? I don't know. He will get an honest look from Pelini's staff.

based on?

based on a small town in se Nebraska. how high do you think the academic standards are in small town rural community?

whoops... might wanna rethink that reaction...

based on?

yes, unfortunately it quite often is.

based on?

yes, unfortunately it quite often is.

huh? ;)

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USthreeRsphp/S...CountyID_0.html

(2002) Nebraska high school rankings... latest available year without paying to join

His academic problems apparently stem from his HS records being destroyed by Katrina. It isn't that he needs tutoring or somehow needs help, he simply doesn't have proof he took some classes which are required. Reports are that he's taking some online classes in order to finish on time and graduate in May. This isn't confirmed anywhere but is what I've put together from various sources.

• 4 weeks later...

Should be someone from Auburn that could chime in on this kid. I live about 35 miles away. Just asked my daughter about him. She says he isn't on the basketball team this winter. She says he isn't a bad kid, discipline wise. But may not be driven or inspired enough. I doubt the family would encourage or finance him as a walk-on. If he has any potential, I'd like to see him have the opportunity.

based on?

WHAT??? Hmmmm, let's see.... didn't we just have an astronaut who graduated from some "small town" in Nebraska just come back from a stay on the space station.... That seems to me to be a pretty ignorant comment... JMHO...

based on?

WHAT??? Hmmmm, let's see.... didn't we just have an astronaut who graduated from some "small town" in Nebraska just come back from a stay on the space station.... That seems to me to be a pretty ignorant comment... JMHO...

yeah :wtf just because there's a smaller population doesn't mean theres less of an importance on education

based on?

There are state and national requirements....have you ever heard of NCLB? I am assuming Nebraska follows these guidelines. It seems like you need to rethink what goes on in rural communities across the state and country.

That comment is just like saying some of the Omaha schools' standards are low because of low-income students....

I grew up in a rural community in Western Neb. I live in Denver now. My small town NE education was way better than anything they get here.

Anyone that wants to learn can suceed in any situation. Education really begins at home.

Who was this thread about? Any updates?

a kid that went to Auburn NE the last 2 years. the kid got displaced by katrina. anyway he helped auburn to a state title, and looks like a very good prospect 6'3" runs a 4.5

I grew up in a rural community in Western Neb. I live in Denver now. My small town NE education was way better than anything they get here.

Anyone that wants to learn can suceed in any situation. Education really begins at home.

a kid that went to Auburn NE the last 2 years. the kid got displaced by katrina. anyway he helped auburn to a state title, and looks like a very good prospect 6'3" runs a 4.5

With the recent news of Nebraska kids being asked to walk on, one would think that the same thing could be offered to this kid. There are always student loans and I am guessing with his background he could get a loan without interest.

With the recent news of Nebraska kids being asked to walk on, one would think that the same thing could be offered to this kid. There are always student loans and I am guessing with his background he could get a loan without interest.

and a few grants.

and a few grants.

considering his situation I'm sure he could get a lot of help