Where will the huskers be at the end of '08

markus

huskers bowl game  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for "other bowl"...... As everyone, I WANT NU to go the the NC game, but with the schedule, I look for NU to finish somewhere around 7-5 or 8-4.....(no need to discuss record, we have had many threads on that)............ I see this team ending up in the Alamo-Holiday-Cotton........and after this season, I could live with any of those 3....

Probably not even the Alamo... Maybe the Texas Bowl...I dunnoo Insight.com Bowl...car quest bowl...some third tier thing. We have to buildback up some. Anything Alamo Bowl or higher is really unlikely.

I cant see why we wouldnt be better than 2 games above last year. Certainly its all speculation, but after NU went 7-6, a new staff was brought in, sans HC, and the next year ended up 9-3. It seems your predicting a 6-6 year. Personally, I think that would be an underachievement. Even at 7-5 I think that would mean NU lost some games it shouldnt have. We'll see. :)

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

As I have stated....I am BELIEVING that we are going to the National Championship game and winning it all.

Until we have lost 2 games, I will not believe otherwise.

Every year everyone starts at 0-0, there is no reason that we can't win it all, we have as good a chance as anyone else with the right breaks.

GO BIG RED!!!

:cheers:woo:restore:power:restore2:bonez

I voted for "other bowl"...... As everyone, I WANT NU to go the the NC game, but with the schedule, I look for NU to finish somewhere around 7-5 or 8-4.....(no need to discuss record, we have had many threads on that)............ I see this team ending up in the Alamo-Holiday-Cotton........and after this season, I could live with any of those 3....

:yeah

GBR!!!

The 2008 schedule includes 4 teams that finished in the top 10: Va Tech, Mizzou, Kansas and OU. In addition we are playing a very good Texas Tech team (#22 nationally) and rising powers in Colo and Kansas St.

Thank goodness the fans on this board are mostly realistic (~80% for other bowl). A 7-5 record looks like the most likely to me, but I have high hopes that Bo & the Big Red will upset someone this year for a 8-4 record. The only upset I can think of in the last 4 miserable years was the Alamo Bowl over Michigan (Callahan's one bright spot).

Lets continue to be realistic and not burden the new staff with expectations that are too far out.