Watson staying put!

Another thing...if Pelini wasn't informed about this Alabama thing...and found out from the press last night, don't you know that was an interesting conversation this morning between TO, Watson, and Pelini?

I must have missed that this morning I was at work. What was said this morning in their conversation

And T.O. Bull man I was throwing out some sarcasm when I said that hahaha chill hahaha. I'm really pissed that this (Shawn Watson supject) was brought up. Shawn Watson right now has to not only think about himself with the extra money but think about these kids that he's recruiting now or previously and what Tom Osborne had to do to go the extra mile to have Shawn Watson stay at Nebraska.

Remember we could've got Jim Grobe as our Head Coach but TO wanted to keep certain assistants and Jim told TO that we wants the same assistants that he has and bring them to Lincoln. Not saying anything bad about Bo but we did lose another great Coach to keep certain assistans....'cough cough Shawn Watson cough cough'

Actually, I am pretty sure the cost of living is cheaper in Alabama...there isn't a whole lot down there...I know this from personal experience. It is getting kind of pricey to be living in Lincoln anymore, if anyone has noticed.

Not so. The COL in Birmingham is a bit higher, but only by a small margin, than in Lincoln (it would take about 230k in AL to match his current pay, adjusted for COL). Tuscaloosa is just outside of the Birmingham metro area, and the COL virtually the same. By the way, the Birmingham metro area population is a bit over a million, and there's a bit more around here than "not a whole lot" ;) All told, I'd rather be back in Lincoln, though.

The other thing that concerns me is a rougher transition with the offense. I don't think Cotton knows much about the WCO so they would have to look elsewhere to find an OC. But at this point, we don't have any ... umm I just heard on WOWT that Eddie Brown committed to NU and Watson was one of the three coaches in Houston today. So this doesn't make sense. I have to assume he will be here. That's all for now. :)

The other thing that concerns me is a rougher transition with the offense. I don't think Cotton knows much about the WCO so they would have to look elsewhere to find an OC. But at this point, we don't have any ... umm I just heard on WOWT that Eddie Brown committed to NU and Watson was one of the three coaches in Houston today. So this doesn't make sense. I have to assume he will be here. That's all for now. :)

barney had a bag with litttle pieces of paper in it. on the individual pieces of paper, the following was written...

1. OPTION LEFT
  2. OPTION RITE (note: it was actually spelled like that)
  3. RUN UP MIDDLE
  4. QUARTERBACK RUN LIKE LITTLE GIRL
  5. THROW BALL?!?

he'd reach into the bag, grab a piece of paper, call the play and then eat the paper.

it was barneyball at its finest!

We just got rid of a bunch of coaches that didn't care one way or another about being at NU as long as they were getting paid. If Watson falls into that category and wants more $$$ then I wish him the best of luck at Alabama.

The days of coaching continuity like we saw during TO's time is over

Another thing...if Pelini wasn't informed about this Alabama thing...and found out from the press last night, don't you know that was an interesting conversation this morning between TO, Watson, and Pelini?

I must have missed that this morning I was at work. What was said this morning in their conversation

And T.O. Bull man I was throwing out some sarcasm when I said that hahaha chill hahaha. I'm really pissed that this (Shawn Watson supject) was brought up. Shawn Watson right now has to not only think about himself with the extra money but think about these kids that he's recruiting now or previously and what Tom Osborne had to do to go the extra mile to have Shawn Watson stay at Nebraska.

Remember we could've got Jim Grobe as our Head Coach but TO wanted to keep certain assistants and Jim told TO that we wants the same assistants that he has and bring them to Lincoln. Not saying anything bad about Bo but we did lose another great Coach to keep certain assistans....'cough cough Shawn Watson cough cough'

:):):)

Sorry Huskerjock, no sun in 5 no 6 days and its going to be in the single ndigits all week. 6 more ins. o snow today and more coming. Just kind of down. Didn't mean to come down on you so hard.

>>>T_O_B

:):):)