Huskers in 2008

JGS30

When you look at the long term, more than a 5 year span, programs without a tradition of winning gravitate to their historical average. A team that is usually 5-7 may get some 9 and 10 win years, but most of the time getting over 8 wins for more than 2 or 3 years running wont happen. Sometimes one coach can change the fortunes of a program, maybe Mangino is KU's guy, and make it better while they are there, but usually, the next coach will take them back to the historical average. KSU is a great example of this for the Snyder years. Look around the world of college football, the usual suspects are the teams that usually win 10 or more.

If I am going to make a way the hell too early prediction, I will say KU goes 8-4, with a loss in Lincoln.

unless they really have a lot of injuries, KU should be near the level they were at last year. and yes their schedule sucked, but they were still a very solid team. the north will come down to KU and mu.

as for CU I am far from sold on them and I think NU is year away from battling for the north do to the coaching change.... though I do think the talent is there now, so who knows

Not bad though there's no chance Colorado is ranked higher than Nebraska next year with their schedule -

CSU always plays them hard and it wasn't close last year. loss

EWU - win - unless they choke again like they did at Montana State

Cupcake U - win

Cupcake U - win

Texas - Even in boulder the Horns behind McCoy will be too tough. Loss

KU - Especially since it's in Lawrence, Loss

KSU - close game but it's in Boulder so they should handle the cats. Win

MU in Columbia - Loss

A&M - In college Station this is a loss.

ISU - In Boulder against a D2 caliber team.. win

OSU - Game is in Boulder so this will be tough to judge, win.

NU - A 65-51 win in Boulder against the worst Husker team in 40 years last year, a much improved Husker team in Lincoln this year... Loss.

I got em winning six with five or seven possible.. unless they actually schedule a decent opponent instead of two more cupcakes.

Also don't count the NU vs. KU game as a loss for the Huskers, NU scored fairly easily last year on the Hawks at times even with some bad interceptions.. it was our QB's first real game afterall and if we had any defense at all it would have been a game... we will have a fairly good D now and the game is in Lincoln... could be a great one.

I am far from saying we will win a national title next year but I will say we will be a totally different team this next year with a new attitude and purpose when it comes to how we play. KU and MU had incredible years last year but that does not equate to a dynasty by any sort of the meaning. You must learn how to win then remember how to win.

Our last coaching staff thought they were smarter than everyone else and were cosistantly proven wrong. Do not expect to see that happen with this staff. We may hit some speed bumps but with the proper coaching our team is fully capable of handing you your ass in your hat. Will that happen, no one can say for sure but that is why the games are played.

Good luck to all the north teams next year, but NEVER EVER forget that waking a sleeping giant is never a good idea and the blow out losses last year shook this giant awake and he is pissed.

GBR

Ya dude Kansas just had a cake schedule last year. Nebraska has a better shot at 10-2 than Kansas does. Kansas almost lost to KSU, Colorado, Texas AM, and lost to MU last season. Plus you have to play South Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, AM, Texas, and Oklahoma which can all be losses, and Texas, MU, and Oklahoma pretty much being certain losses. To be honest we recruited better than you guys will a terrible season plus our defense will be much much better this year. I just like our chances over KU, epecially with a new coach and new attitude.

It's funny how everyone says KU had a cake schedule last year. It's not our fault you jokers are down!! You've been down since 2002. It's not our fault A&M wasn't getting it done. It's not our fault CU was rebuilding. It wasn't our fault CMU lost 3 NFL players before they played us. That's a lousy reasoning to say KU didn't beat anyone. They beat better teams than anyone else in the North so everyone needs to check themselves.

KU will beat South Florida, that's a joke saying they'll lose that game. You Husker fans are in loser denial yet again for the 5th year in a row now. I gave ya'll props and said I think you'll finish 7-5 and everyone is like "you're underestimating Nebraska" I must ask- How am I underestimating you guys??? You went 5-6 last year!?! 7-5 is a big improvement for a team that didn't win enough games to even become bowl eligible. I'm just saying every year you guys think you're alot better than you are.

I lost count of how many posters got on here and claimed Keller for Heisman and Purify for All-American Team. I just want 1 Husker fan to admit to me "Yes JGS30, we're down, and we'll be down for 2 more years until Bo gets his guys in". There is a reason Mark May and ESPN, and CFB News dog on you guys, it's because you all think your better than you really are.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

5 National Championships. Decades of Conference Championships. Hundreds of All-Americans. 3 Heisman winners. Need I go on?

Until the Kansas Jayhawks have accomplished ANY ONE of these things--- don't even come here hyping your one-hit wonder 'Hawks. WE DON'T CARE! Respect is earned-- and you haven't earned it yet.

Go have 40 years of winning records, or go to a bowl game for 3 decades in a row, and maybe you can talk. Sell out your dump of a stadium for 40 plus years-- and maybe you can talk. Win the freakin' conference for a change-- and maybe you can talk.

You're certainly not above us, so you look like a fool talking down to us.

i saw that he said 7-5 is a major improvement from a 5-6 season where we didnt win enough to go to a bowl game...

last time i checked..

last time we missed a bowl, the next season we went 8-4... so how is 7-5 MAJOR IMPROVEMENT when it's all we know to win? 7-5 will never be considered major improvement at a school like nebraska.. thats the difference between you and us.. we win, consistently, we get used to it.. we're spoiled with it.. we DEMAND it.

you, well.. you get happy when you go to a bowl game..

But to predict Kansas to beat Nebraska in Lincoln is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time.

Anything can happen. Nu could beat KU. Hell, every game is winnable.

But predicting the #7 team in the country to beat unranked NU at home is not stupid. In fact, I'd suspect it would be a majority opinon among football fans nationally.

With a new NU coaching staff and a 5-7 returning team, it's not stupid at all.

It's just an opinion.

And opinions vary, even stupid ones.

GO BO!!

couple things :

1) who cares if KU is #7 ? rankings don't mean crap

2) a lot of posters need to realize when a troll like JUGS30 comes on here and tries to piss everyone off, then you post back at them questioning their sanity, it get's that troll all geeked up... just ignore morons like that

couple things :

1) who cares if KU is #7 ? rankings don't mean crap

2) a lot of posters need to realize when a troll like JUGS30 comes on here and tries to piss everyone off, then you post back at them questioning their sanity, it get's that troll all geeked up... just ignore morons like that

Well the problem is that you haven't been a member long enough to realize he comes on here throughout the year off and on. Besides what else do we have to do right now??? :lol:

rankings don't mean crap

uh huh....

that depends doesn't it .... ;)

Listen to sports radio much?? seems to me that lots of folks have considered the recruiting rankings to be rather important here lately.

Read the papers much? TV at all? Rankings mattered a lot after the NU bowl victory over Michigan as I recall.

I also remember preseason rankings being tossed around prior to the 2007 season and maybe there was a time or two early last season when rankings seemed to matter quite a bit.

While I agree that preseason rankings aren't worth much, the KU ranking was earned (like it or not) after a full season of play.

I think the jury is still out on the importance of rankings. :)

GO BO!!

Kansas at 10-2 in 2008! :lol:

It's a documented fact that every time Kansas looks like they are going to finally gain sustained respectability...they end up totally sucking the next year. Kansas has a two year cycle of success about every 10 years

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

Then, for some reason, there was a statistical blip in the cycle

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

After that...not a single winning record till 2005

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

2008 - 5-7 (my prediction)

Kansas football success is NOT historically self-sustaining...therefore, Kansas will find itself at or near the bottom of the B-12 North next year.

HELLZ YES!!! :yeah

I just want to thank Jjmaus, Cyclone, MU tiger fan for reminding me why I left this board. I really like most of the Husker fans on here, but you guys are a discgrace. Hey Tiger Fan, How idd you guys fare at the Fieldhouse the other night?? :)

Like Bo says...if you can't take a hit, get off the field...well, he might not have actually said that, but he should have.

I speak for everyone cy by saying each post of yours we actually read lowers our IQ 10 points. Please stop posting, for all of us. :LOLtartar

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

Please do not assume that you speak for me. There are several college football fans who post here who are not Husker Fans. As I have said before the major difference between us is the fact that we wear different colors on Saturday. Without other schools, without other teams and without rival fans sitting on the other side of the field we'd all be doing yard work on Fall Saturdays instead of getting together to tailgate and party. Remember that the next time you take a cheap shot at someone who roots for the other team.

Cy you are always welcome at my tailgate and there will always be a 'cold one' waiting for you, and Beach Buffs and anyone else who is blessed by being a college football fan.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Welcome back, JGS30 :) Always good to have a friendly rival fan stirring some discussion. You shouldn't take all these long breaks, it's like nobody even remembers you.

Thanks Zoogies, I'm happy to be back and feel just as welcomed as last year! :)

I must say that I have really gotten under several posters skin since I've been back. It's nothing personal guys, I really don't mean to piss people off on here. I just don't like it when delusional fans like Cy run their mouth and predict my hawks to finish 5-7. That's just ignorant.

I've noticed that most of the posters on here weren't members back in September of 06 (when I joined). Guys, don't take this personally. Yes I argue with people, but it's all in good fun. I'm really not disrespecting NU in any way saying that I think KU will beat them in Lincoln this year.

Yes, I know you scored 39 points on our defense. I respect that. But keep in mind that Bill Young (DC) (who's gone now, and will be missed from KU's coaching staff) hadn't seen ANY footage of Ganz when he started against KU. It's difficult to prepare for someone you've really never had the opportunity to prepare for. The majority of your points were scored in the first half, then at the half Coach Young made the appropriate adjustments.

I would be lying if I said KU doesn't miss him...because we do. I think his departure may cost us a North title. But only time will tell. I'll take my chances with the 9 returning starters on defense we have back though.

:cheers

I don't know what to do, this thread makes me want to ignore JGS30, but at the same time its fun to see people get their panties in a bunch when a KU fan comes on here and talks smack on NU :laughpound

F it it's the offseason :)

my BIG12 North prediction:

NU

MU

really the rest of the north doesn't matter, and it will be a horse race for 3rd this is just the way i see it panning out:

KST

K....who? :dunno

CU

ISU

but opinions vary

Welcome back, JGS30 :) Always good to have a friendly rival fan stirring some discussion. You shouldn't take all these long breaks, it's like nobody even remembers you.

Thanks Zoogies, I'm happy to be back and feel just as welcomed as last year! :)

I must say that I have really gotten under several posters skin since I've been back. It's nothing personal guys, I really don't mean to piss people off on here. I just don't like it when delusional fans like Cy run their mouth and predict my hawks to finish 5-7. That's just ignorant.

I've noticed that most of the posters on here weren't members back in September of 06 (when I joined). Guys, don't take this personally. Yes I argue with people, but it's all in good fun. I'm really not disrespecting NU in any way saying that I think KU will beat them in Lincoln this year.

Yes, I know you scored 39 points on our defense. I respect that. But keep in mind that Bill Young (DC) (who's gone now, and will be missed from KU's coaching staff) hadn't seen ANY footage of Ganz when he started against KU. It's difficult to prepare for someone you've really never had the opportunity to prepare for. The majority of your points were scored in the first half, then at the half Coach Young made the appropriate adjustments.

I would be lying if I said KU doesn't miss him...because we do. I think his departure may cost us a North title. But only time will tell. I'll take my chances with the 9 returning starters on defense we have back though.

:cheers

What's ignorant about 30 years of tradition (see figures above)? Certified fact....you have a decent year at Kansas, followed by a great year followed by a decade of total suck. Go ahead and say to yourself "Well...back then we didn't have this or back then we didn't have that!" but guess what? "Back then" when this was pointed out, people said the same thing! Returning starters? Big deal...ISU has 9 returning starters on defense and 9 returning starters on O. Does that make ISU destined for the top of the North?

Deny it any way you want but your coach isn't that good and your QB has only last year to stand on. They aren't the sure things a sane person would be basing a 10-2 prediction on. But...if it keeps your mind off the rest of your problems...light em up Jaywalk.