RB David Oku

According to 1620 his parents bought him a 90,000 dollar house. In Lincoln it won't be a great house, but that's the latest. Oku himself confirmed his transfer by text, as well as all the major recruiting services and radio personalities. The reason is he wants to be close to his girlfriend.

It's seeming more and more likely he will commit to Nebraska and play football next fall. Nothing is confirmed about that just yet, but if common sense has any part in this crazy story, it should make an appearance sometime soon.

I don't know why he would get a house. Don't freshmen have to live on campus? (assuming he comes here, about which I am still doubtful)

He still has a semester left of high school. He can't very well live on campus until he enrolls (and don't forget - qualifies) for college.

Living arrangements for next year: Unless your child lives at home, all freshmen live on campus during their freshman year. At the beginning of second semester, students need to start pondering where they want to live the following year. Students are able to stay in the residence halls another year, move into one of UNL's apartment style living facilities, and/or rent a house, duplex, or apartment off campus. Waiting until the last minute to make this crucial decision could cause a lot of unneeded stress.

Took that from there website so unless its different for football players he can live in his house since its really in his parents name. Only thing I'm not sure of is how long you have to live here to a considered resident.

Jeremy Crabtree has confirmed it. His parents bought him a house in Lincoln. Not to speculate but I bet the girl is prego.

For you who go to LE do you know if the girl is going to NU, that could make a difference. And if she is not NU should put her on a full ride for like the bowling team or something.

I think NU chances has greatly increased but I wonder how much of a chance.

I wonder if he has had a conversation or two with the WR -- Chris Brooks -- from Missouri. Based on the information so far, this appears like a very similar situation. If I recall, Brooks came to Lincoln because the city had the best arrangements for his girlfriend and baby. Wild guess, but it's as good as any. :dunno