SIGNED: LB Eric Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Completely separate from my question above but.....

In an article written about Ronald Powell (2010 - ATH) on rivals there were some good things said about Eric Martin. Eric came from the same school as Ronald and the head coach was interviewed about the recruiting process.

Pete Duffy (HC) said that of the 25 D-1 talents to come through his school Eric Martin and Tyron Smith (5 star - 2008 - USC) are the best. Pretty cool that we were able to come in and steal Eric.

We probably have a good relationship with Pete Duffy and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a shot with Ronald Powell....especially with the new emphasis on California as a recruiting source.

• 3 months later...

This is a total guess, but I have a feeling from the way they're wording the teasers... saying he's got just one more thing to "wrap up"... that he's simply finishing up summer school and may be the last one to actually make it to Lincoln. I'm almost totally sure he made the cut and is still coming though. I know for a fact he was enrolled in summer school... but who knows how long it lasts? That's probably it... they're just trying to sell subscriptions.

Thank God!! It would have sucked pretty damn bad to have another linebacker not make it or pan out. After Travis Lewis decommitting, not taking Jermaine Love for some reason, Austin Stafford not panning out, Washington getting moved, I don't think I could have handled another bust.

He's still not 100% N yet...

Some good news for linebacker recruit

LJS blog

Linebacker Eric Martin was in good spirits Wednesday and there's no wonder why. The 2009 Husker signee just got word that he posted the ACT score he needed to help him qualify.

Martin said he needed a score of 68 on the ACT (that's based on the NCAA scale) and received a 69.

"I'm good right now," Martin said. "I just got to take these last two summer classes and then I'm done. Finally."

Martin currently has an A in one of those two classes. He expects he'll keep that grade. If he can do that and score a B or better in another English class, he's good to go. Martin's confident things will turn out well.

If all goes as planned, the product of Rancho Verde High School in Moreno, Calif., hopes to be in Nebraska by July 9.

Martin's an important piece in the 2009 class since he and Chris Williams are the only two linebackers.

But it sounds like he will be N soon.

GBR! :koolaid2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...