Weight: 180 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Washington State, Oregon State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: ATH is good DB prospect with speed and size to play in secondary.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Other schools out west showing interest including UCLA, Arizona State, Oregon, and Nevada.

• 5 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Scout shows him visiting 10/3. Oh and they have as 3 :star #57 S

And ESPN says he liked his visit:

Early playing time was another thing athlete Anthony Carpenter (Gardena, Calif./Serra) heard a lot about on his visit to Nebraska.

"Nebraska needs corners and they think I could come in and make an impact," Carpenter said. "They don't have a lot of depth there so that would be big for me.

"Overall, the trip was close to perfect. I got along well with the players on the team, I like the coaches a lot, the fan support is incredible and the campus was real nice too. I wasn't tempted to commit because this was my first visit but Nebraska is very high on my list."

Carpenter plans to take a November visit to Washington State and could have his decision out of the way before Christmas.

• 4 weeks later...

Is Carpenter close to pulling the trigger?

Anthony Carpenter (Gardena, Calif./Serra) took an official visit to Nebraska the first weekend of October and said he thought about committing several times on the trip. Now a month removed from the visit, is Carpenter still as high on the Huskers?

Carpenter is a talented defensive back with the size to play safety and the speed to play corner. He said most schools like him as a big corner and that's where he feels most comfortable as well.

Carpenter loved his visit to Nebraska and the Huskers are still in a very good spot for the talented athlete right now.

"To be honest, I'm still thinking about committing to them," Carpenter said. "I was tempted a lot on the visit but I really wanted to hold off and wait until I have some other schools to compare to Nebraska.

"I'm going to visit Washington State this weekend and I have a visit set with Arizona for (Dec. 5) when they play Arizona State. I'm also looking at Oregon, UCLA and a few others, and I'm looking forward to taking this visit because I really don't know a lot about Washington State to be honest."

link

• 2 weeks later...

I bet he commits to the last school he visits:

Carpenter with surprise leader

Following his official visit to Nebraska in early October, we thought it was only a matter of time before defensive back Anthony Carpenter (Gardena, Calif./Serra) announced for the Huskers.

After visiting Washington State this past weekend, not only is Nebraska no longer on the verge of getting a commitment, they're now running second in this race.

"Yeah, I liked it there a lot, this was my best trip so far," Carpenter said. "I just felt more comfortable there and I got along and really bonded with the players and coaches.

"Nebraska was great too and I'm still considering them but Washington State is now my leader. I'm still going to visit Arizona (Dec. 5) and I might take a few other trips after that but I'm not sure."

Washington State is better than Nebraska?

What is this kid smoking?

Basketball school with almost no real tradition in football. They have one national title (in 1915) have gone to a TOTAL of 10 bowl games in their history and I've seen high schools with better football stadiums.

They are also 1-7 with a coach (Wulff) that was a mediocre to above average big sky coach, is probably worse than the guy they just fired (Doba) and likely won't last more than 3 years. - if that. They gave Doba just five years and he won them a Holiday Bowl because they expect them to be another Mike Price and they aren't going to be.

I bet he commits to the last school he visits:

Carpenter with surprise leader

Following his official visit to Nebraska in early October, we thought it was only a matter of time before defensive back Anthony Carpenter (Gardena, Calif./Serra) announced for the Huskers.

After visiting Washington State this past weekend, not only is Nebraska no longer on the verge of getting a commitment, they're now running second in this race.

"Yeah, I liked it there a lot, this was my best trip so far," Carpenter said. "I just felt more comfortable there and I got along and really bonded with the players and coaches.

"Nebraska was great too and I'm still considering them but Washington State is now my leader. I'm still going to visit Arizona (Dec. 5) and I might take a few other trips after that but I'm not sure."

Or the last school that winks at him.

Pullman better than Lincoln? :rollin

• 4 weeks later...

Or the last school that winks at him.

Pullman better than Lincoln? :rollin

I figure both coaching staffs were very honest with him. Bo said "we are pretty thin in the secondary, but you'll have to really work hard and earn playing time." And WSU said "how soon can you graduate cause we really need you for our game against Washington on Saturday."