S Lester White

Player: Lester White

Hometown: Riverside, CA

Position: S

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 200 lbs.

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Washington State, Arizona State, Boise State, UNLV

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Talented athlete also plays RB in HS. Projects as hard hitting S at next level. Discrepancy between Scout forty time (4.48) and Rivals forty time (4.86)...I have listed him at a 4.6.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

planning a visit to NU in the fall.

Yep:

Lester has offers from Nebraska, San Diego State, Fresno State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Washington State and Boise State.

“I’ll probably visit Nebraska and Arizona State,” White said. “I will try to visit Nebraska during the season and see a game. The other visits will be after the season. I plan on taking all five visits, I don’t have any leaders.”

“I like Bo Pelini he was a great defensive coordinator at LSU, I like how he uses his safeties. Bo will turn the program around.” White said

“I talk to Carl Pelini a lot he’s a good guy. He talks about the tradition at Nebraska. I like the Black shirt (first team defense) tradition Nebraska has. I like Nebraska too because it’s cold there. I get tired of the heat.” White says

“Nebraska said I can play early that’s the plan,” White said. Nebraska started to recruit me last year then offered.”

“I like Arizona State, it’s close to home,” White said. “I talk to their coaches once a week. They said I could play early too. I don’t know much about them, I checked them (ASU) out on the Internet.”

“I’ll probably visit Oregon State when the season is over. I like the weather there. My cousin went to Arizona State and liked it a lot.” White added

“UCLA didn’t offer me but they said they will. I went to the UCLA and Tennessee game. It was a lot of fun.” White said

“The coaches I talk to like my athletic ability that I’m all over the field making plays.”

planning a visit to NU in the fall.

Yep:

Lester has offers from Nebraska, San Diego State, Fresno State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Washington State and Boise State.

“I’ll probably visit Nebraska and Arizona State,” White said. “I will try to visit Nebraska during the season and see a game. The other visits will be after the season. I plan on taking all five visits, I don’t have any leaders.”

“I like Bo Pelini he was a great defensive coordinator at LSU, I like how he uses his safeties. Bo will turn the program around.” White said

“I talk to Carl Pelini a lot he’s a good guy. He talks about the tradition at Nebraska. I like the Black shirt (first team defense) tradition Nebraska has. I like Nebraska too because it’s cold there. I get tired of the heat.” White says

“Nebraska said I can play early that’s the plan,” White said. Nebraska started to recruit me last year then offered.”

“I like Arizona State, it’s close to home,” White said. “I talk to their coaches once a week. They said I could play early too. I don’t know much about them, I checked them (ASU) out on the Internet.”

“I’ll probably visit Oregon State when the season is over. I like the weather there. My cousin went to Arizona State and liked it a lot.” White added

“UCLA didn’t offer me but they said they will. I went to the UCLA and Tennessee game. It was a lot of fun.” White said

“The coaches I talk to like my athletic ability that I’m all over the field making plays.”

It is sunny for about 2 months total. (average) the rest of the year is a drizzly rain. Kind of a spitting, small raid drop, cloudy and moderately cool to cold climate. There are very few days it is below freezing but not alot of sunny hot days either. There is alot of depresion in this state due to lack of any real sunny days. I'm not knocking on Oregon (I kinda like the weather) but it is certainly not for everyone. Rain gear is a must and Reeser Stadium is small and not real well laid out for a fan. Just my observation.

• 2 weeks later...

His coach doesn't sound too happy with him

From ESPN

Riverside (Calif.) J.W. North defensive back Lester White was supposed to visit Nebraska this past weekend. The safety didn't make the visit and Huskies coach Scott Pearne isn't sure what happened.

"The lead recruiter from Nebraska was trying to reach Lester but Lester never called him back," Pearne said. "He was supposed to come by my office to call him but never did.

"Then, he didn't show up in my zero period class this morning, so I'm not sure what's going on. I need to talk to the lead recruiter to try and smooth things out, but I'm sure they're not happy about this.

"You know the old saying, 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.' Hopefully it's a misunderstanding, but we'll see."

Had been looking fairly good for him:

White heading to Huskers home game

One of the hardest hitting defensive backs in the region, Riverside (Calif.) J.W. North standout Lester White, will take his first official visit this weekend to Nebraska when they host Virginia Tech.

Said Huskies head coach Scott Pearne, "That's the only visit he has set up so far but he could take a few more during the season because we play some Thursday night games.

"Nebraska is the only school that has tried to set up a visit so far and Lester really likes them a lot. He likes Coach Pelini a lot and likes the defense at Nebraska.

"He has told me before he wants to take more visits but I'm curious how things will go this weekend. I know he's going to be wowed and Nebraska does a great job on the visits so I won't be totally shocked if he decides to end the process right then and there while he's on his visit."

White, 6-1, 205 pounds, is an elite safety prospect who can really deliver a blow. He's a good athlete as well and covers a lot of ground in the secondary.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...