SIGNED: CB Andrew Green

Green was never going anywhere. It could have been Northeast Idaho State calling and I believe the Green's would allow them an opportunity to speak. They are just good people like that. Very strong in their faith as well which is why their word is very strong with them.

normally families like that have a pretty close relationship.. hopefully that will mean something when it comes to recruiting his lil brother.

Green was never going anywhere. It could have been Northeast Idaho State calling and I believe the Green's would allow them an opportunity to speak. They are just good people like that. Very strong in their faith as well which is why their word is very strong with them.

normally families like that have a pretty close relationship.. hopefully that will mean something when it comes to recruiting his lil brother.

Great point.

Nice, a true Christian is always a man of his word, its sound's like we have several high character kids comming in. I hear Burhead is also a great kid.

LJS wraos it up:

Game is part of recruit's family tree

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 - 12:15:45 am CST

The phone rings often when you’re being recruited by the big boys of college football — sometimes too often.

“I’m tired of it,” Andrew Green said Friday of the recruiting process. “At first it was so cool and fun. But now I’m tired of it.”

The interviews with reporters wear old quickly. Green is ready for Feb. 4 to get here so he can sign on the dotted line.

After national signing day, he won’t have to answer anymore about if he’s still heading to Nebraska.

He is still heading to Nebraska, right?

“Yes, sir,” the defensive back from San Antonio said.

Just checking.

Through no effort of his own, Green’s name found his way onto the tips of tongues in Husker country this week after it became known Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was planning to visit him.

Stoops did visit Green at James Madison High School, but it apparently didn’t do anything to change the Husker recruit’s plans.

“I just told him I already had my mind made up,” Green said. “I said that maybe if they came earlier in the process, maybe it’d be a different story.”

The story now is the Huskers look positioned to add a player whose family is steeped in football.

There’s Green’s dad, Tony, and uncle, Gary. Both played at Baylor, and Gary Green spent nine years in the NFL as a cornerback. There’s his cousin, Gary II. He played at Kansas. There’s his older brother, Anthony, a running back at Alabama A&M.

And there’s little brother Aaron, who as a sophomore running back at Madison High School, already has had his mug in Sports Illustrated. There’s good reason. In just his second varsity game, he had 428 yards rushing and nine touchdowns in a 69-56 win.

You read that correctly. He was good enough at age 15 that highlights of him were already being posted on YouTube.

Still two years from signing a letter of intent, Aaron Green will no doubt be courted heavily by college coaches the rest of his prep days and no doubt was on some minds of recruiters as they pursued Andrew.

“He pretty much knows what to expect,” said Andrew, who received a visit from NU linebackers coach Mike Ekeler on Friday. “He’s seen me go through it.”

Despite the family’s football history, Andrew said his father made sure to not force the game on his sons. It just so happened that they loved the game.

You should have seen teams try to stop Andrew and Aaron the year they played Pop Warner together. It didn’t happen.

Aaron dips and dodges. Andrew hits and … hits.

“I like to hit,” he said.

Rivals.com rates him the third-most physical cornerback in the country in this year’s recruiting class.

Besides the late interest from Oklahoma, the 6-foot, 180-pounder had offers from such Big 12 schools as Missouri, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Iowa State.

But Nebraska “just felt like home,” he said. “Just everything about it. I felt I could grow there as a person. I could grow spiritually and educationally.”

Bo Pelini’s defensive schemes also were strong attractions.

“I like his style, aggressive and a pro-style defense.”

And so he eagerly awaits the end to this recruiting cycle, one of 21 recruits currently in Nebraska’s class, the next in the Green family to see what he might get done on the college stage.

Whatever natural abilities run in the family genes, he knows there remains plenty of work to do.

“I think I’m physical. I like to hit,” Andrew said. “But I feel like I got a lot to learn, too.”

I would be nice to be able to get Andrews' brother..im so tired of losing out of the younger brothers....plus apparently he is supposed to be the real deal...

Well, he has said he wants to play with his brother in college, so our chances are very good. I had no idea that a 15 year old kid could do the things he does on the football field.

LJS follows up:

Game is part of recruit's family tree

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 - 12:15:45 am CST

The phone rings often when you’re being recruited by the big boys of college football — sometimes too often.

“I’m tired of it,” Andrew Green said Friday of the recruiting process. “At first it was so cool and fun. But now I’m tired of it.”

The interviews with reporters wear old quickly. Green is ready for Feb. 4 to get here so he can sign on the dotted line.

After national signing day, he won’t have to answer anymore about if he’s still heading to Nebraska.

He is still heading to Nebraska, right?

“Yes, sir,” the defensive back from San Antonio said.

Just checking.

Through no effort of his own, Green’s name found his way onto the tips of tongues in Husker country this week after it became known Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was planning to visit him.

Stoops did visit Green at James Madison High School, but it apparently didn’t do anything to change the Husker recruit’s plans.

“I just told him I already had my mind made up,” Green said. “I said that maybe if they came earlier in the process, maybe it’d be a different story.”

The story now is the Huskers look positioned to add a player whose family is steeped in football.

There’s Green’s dad, Tony, and uncle, Gary. Both played at Baylor, and Gary Green spent nine years in the NFL as a cornerback. There’s his cousin, Gary II. He played at Kansas. There’s his older brother, Anthony, a running back at Alabama A&M.

And there’s little brother Aaron, who as a sophomore running back at Madison High School, already has had his mug in Sports Illustrated. There’s good reason. In just his second varsity game, he had 428 yards rushing and nine touchdowns in a 69-56 win.

You read that correctly. He was good enough at age 15 that highlights of him were already being posted on YouTube.

Still two years from signing a letter of intent, Aaron Green will no doubt be courted heavily by college coaches the rest of his prep days and no doubt was on some minds of recruiters as they pursued Andrew.

“He pretty much knows what to expect,” said Andrew, who received a visit from NU linebackers coach Mike Ekeler on Friday. “He’s seen me go through it.”

Despite the family’s football history, Andrew said his father made sure to not force the game on his sons. It just so happened that they loved the game.

You should have seen teams try to stop Andrew and Aaron the year they played Pop Warner together. It didn’t happen.

Aaron dips and dodges. Andrew hits and … hits.

“I like to hit,” he said.

Rivals.com rates him the third-most physical cornerback in the country in this year’s recruiting class.

Besides the late interest from Oklahoma, the 6-foot, 180-pounder had offers from such Big 12 schools as Missouri, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Iowa State.

But Nebraska “just felt like home,” he said. “Just everything about it. I felt I could grow there as a person. I could grow spiritually and educationally.”

Bo Pelini’s defensive schemes also were strong attractions.

“I like his style, aggressive and a pro-style defense.”

And so he eagerly awaits the end to this recruiting cycle, one of 21 recruits currently in Nebraska’s class, the next in the Green family to see what he might get done on the college stage.

Whatever natural abilities run in the family genes, he knows there remains plenty of work to do.

“I think I’m physical. I like to hit,” Andrew said. “But I feel like I got a lot to learn, too.”