SIGNED: CB Andrew Green

Aaron may be like Chris Whaley. Big time talent that has every school in the country chasing him. Will be tough, but at least we are starting early with Aaron. We will need to, because all the heavy hitters are already aware of the kid.

Well, if that's the case, I hope he doesn't decide to go the Chris Whaley route and elects to play ball with his bro instead.

Hopefully Andrew really enjoys his time here...that way Aaron is always hearing good things about the program...

That surely wouldn't hurt, but hopefully by that time NU is a running team again. A spread/option running team again. :) One can hope as the ball controlled passing experiment has produced not much.

Hopefully Andrew really enjoys his time here...that way Aaron is always hearing good things about the program...

That surely wouldn't hurt, but hopefully by that time NU is a running team again. A spread/option running team again. :) One can hope as the ball controlled passing experiment has produced not much.

:wtf

yes. the ball control offense that we seemed to move to after the mizzou game led us to an OT loss @ TT, a loss @ OU. and wins. good wins. Man i hate that offense..... :sarcasm

yes. the ball control offense that we seemed to move to after the mizzou game led us to an OT loss @ TT, a loss @ OU. and wins. good wins. Man i hate that offense..... :sarcasm

I assume you want NU to win the Big 12 again, correct?? Possibly before I die play in another MNC game. You're content with the results from last season with the ball controlled passing game?? Please let me know how many championships NU has ever won passing the ball to option based WRs. Furthermore how many stud WR's NU has ever had to get over the hump which this system requires. Also for the North teams that have won the conference, none of them won it with the passing game. Mizzou and a perfect gun slinging system QB throwing the ball to NFL caliber WRs and TE's did nothing......

I assume you want NU to win the Big 12 again, correct?? Possibly before I die play in another MNC game. You're content with the results from last season with the ball controlled passing game?? Please let me know how many championships NU has ever won passing the ball to option based WRs. Furthermore how many stud WR's NU has ever had to get over the hump which this system requires. Also for the North teams that have won the conference, none of them won it with the passing game. Mizzou and a perfect gun slinging system QB throwing the ball to NFL caliber WRs and TE's did nothing......

Instead of looking at the North teams, why don't you look at the teams that have won the conference? OU does pretty well with an agressive passing attack as does Texas. Even Florida looks for a balanced attack and try to get at least 200 yards in the air and 200 on the ground, and they are supposedly more of a running spread attack. Yeah the power I and option attack used to work for NU, but assuming that a wholesale change to that system would work again after looking at what offenses work around the NCAA is a stretch IMO.

How many years did it take nebraska to win a MNC running the option? How long has nebraska been running this "ball control" form of offense? Sincerely trying to run the ball and throw the ball balanced controlling the clock and moving the ball down field? 8 games? 6-2 in those games? winning their last 5? moving the ball in the 2nd half against a very good Clemson defense? Tell me what team has recently won an MNC or even a Big 12 title running a power option attack? So quick to attack the "new system" and dump back to the 90s, yet fail to accept that times have changed. Scholly limits, TV amounts. everything. Different breed of athletes.

Please let me know how many championships NU has ever won passing the ball to option based WRs.

Two I believe. Under Devaney we ran more of a pro style offense that featured quite a bit of passing. The ’70 and ’71 NC teams featured a balanced offense. Later that decade we even had a QB in Vince Ferragamo that would go on to lead the Rams to a Super Bowl – definitely not your stereotypical option QB, eh.

It was later, not ‘till the 80’s I think, that Osborne, finding it difficult to attract players for that system, adopted the option offense. Even then the offense that we ran under Gill was very different from the one we ran under Frazier.

Imo, this is a big fallacy of NU football. It’s not about winning with a strong running, it’s about finding ways to win with what you've got. If it means running the football, so be it; if it means passing, that is fine too.

• 1 year later...

Bump. I was re-reading this thread (out of shear boredom) because I realized how important of a recruit he was, and how good of a player I think he will be.

I was hoping that you weren't posting because he transferred. I know he won't, but why post about a 2009 recruit.